CPJ Press Conference Audio

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Or better. I think that when Cotrell gets on the field, he'll be pretty much an instant star. A 190 lb. AB who cuts the forty in 4.32? Yikes. He could light things up every other play. Now, there's is that pesky blocking business …
From what I understand that 4.3 speed has translated to the field as well. It is not just track speed.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hope the new plan is we go with - we believe in the offense!
Defense get out there and get the ball back.
Sometimes you can be out there 10 plays, sometimes 15, and sometimes 5.
Our offense gets better the more it is on the field. It totally gasses the defense.
By the fourth quarter our coach will see there weakness and we will win even if the defense has given up a couple of easy scores. We will have the ball 60/40 period. We may lose some games, but by end of year offense will be rolling.

If we ever get uga backed up in their end zone, we will score.

Oh , my dream is over. Back to talking about how to send in plays and the same old players on defense can't handle agressive and complicated defense.
In my dreams we actually score on defense and intercept passes. Often our offense scores from a short drive. We beat people by big score rather than trying to win at last second for which our offense is not designed. It's only a dream.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad you mentioned Ratliff, though my impression was Johnson doubted he would ever be cleared.

This situation demonstrates the integrity of Coach Johnson and our program. CPJ gets hammered by the sports press for his "pulling" of offers when a commit visits another school. However, this situation proves that as CPJ has stated, if GT offers and a recruit accepts that the school is committed to that recruit. If winning is more important than promises, or more important than developing young men, then this offer would have been rescinded. Many other programs would have found some reason to pull out. I am proud of CPJ and our program for following through. I hope that Ratliffe finds success at GT and in life whether he is able to play football or not.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This situation demonstrates the integrity of Coach Johnson and our program. CPJ gets hammered by the sports press for his "pulling" of offers when a commit visits another school. However, this situation proves that as CPJ has stated, if GT offers and a recruit accepts that the school is committed to that recruit. If winning is more important than promises, or more important than developing young men, then this offer would have been rescinded. Many other programs would have found some reason to pull out. I am proud of CPJ and our program for following through. I hope that Ratliffe finds success at GT and in life whether he is able to play football or not.
I never understood the whining about one or two withdrawn offers. (I remember only one, though, the Auburn flameout.) At the same time there was more whining that Johnson was a hypocrite for continuing to recruit a "committed" player. Except every coach in the country does it for the reason Johnson enumerated: if the kid was really committed, he would not be talking to us. Go figure.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm glad you mentioned Ratliff, though my impression was Johnson doubted he would ever be cleared.

I think it was more just in spring. That's the whole reason he's enrolling early (to be there at practice, even if he can't play). I don't think he would do that if he didn't think he would play football again.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think it was more just in spring. That's the whole reason he's enrolling early (to be there at practice, even if he can't play). I don't think he would do that if he didn't think he would play football again.

He had planned to enroll early last year IIRC. I think, but don't know for sure, that he was asked to delay enrolling because of the large recruiting class last year and so that he could have more time to recover.

He has stated that he is ready and cleared to play, but it has been reported that the GT staff has not medically evaluated him yet.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He had planned to enroll early last year IIRC. I think, but don't know for sure, that he was asked to delay enrolling because of the large recruiting class last year and so that he could have more time to recover.

He has stated that he is ready and cleared to play, but it has been reported that the GT staff has not medically evaluated him yet.
"Cleared to play" only counts when it comes from GT medical staff. All other opinions are moot.