CPJ on Sportscenter @ 11:26am

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes I wish the guy wouldn't say things like the Miami crack. Most times they make me fall over laughing. But I gotta say that I thought Dinich was sharper than not having an idea of Johnson's record against Clemson and FSU. She did cover the conference, after all. This season is starting to look really interesting.
Does make her look bad .

Deleted member 2897

Love the Miami dig.

I also chuckle every time I heard supposed sports journalists say essentially 'I had no idea Georgia Tech was that good.' Whether it is not knowing our record against Clemson, or Florida State, or the SEC, or how many National Championships...if you're a sports journalist, that's your job. Come on man!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Love the Miami dig.

I also chuckle every time I heard supposed sports journalists say essentially 'I had no idea Georgia Tech was that good.' Whether it is not knowing our record against Clemson, or Florida State, or the SEC, or how many National Championships...if you're a sports journalist, that's your job. Come on man!

Well, to be fair to that "industry", by virtue of posting to this site each one of us could probably loosely call ourselves a "journalist" nowadays. #ShotsFired

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sports journalists are same as their mainstream media counterparts for the most part. Very few expend the mental effort to analyze anything themselves...they just follow into group think. And group think in sports journalism is that the SEC is vastly better than any other conference, and GT is just a mediocre coastal member....actual results be damned.
Well, I don't know about that as a generalization. Right about now for instance, thank god for the mainstream media. Though I have always thought sports writing was mostly writing and not really reporting. That could explain things.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Well, I don't know about that as a generalization. Right about now for instance, thank god for the mainstream media. Though I have always thought sports writing was mostly writing and not really reporting. That could explain things.

Depends. Some folks actually do their own homework and it's reflected in their material.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Sports analysis and forecasting mostly fake news. How they think it should be rather than how it actually is. It's been that way as long as I can remember and I am over 60 years old.

Go Jackets!

The most accurate description of sports media. uga is always high in the preseason polls every single year regardless of what happens to them the previous year.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
^because of their recruiting star rating pre-season.
Which is certainly flawed. If Tech football has taught me one thing it's how terrible the star system is as a predictor of overall success. This isn't to say that five star guys are bad, but it really only identifies talent that shows up at camps.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Trust me - Without great coaching, if you never, ever land 4 star or 5 star recruits (yes, we have gotten a few 4 stars over the years), winning more than losing is VERY difficult. The recruiting stars DO mean something, but they are not the end all. Mistakes and errors are made when recruiting star evaluations are determined. IF they were the end all, Bammer would win going away in every game. (FYI - they do in most)

Lastly, a great QB can make a big difference when playing with less talent overall. Brady proves that year in and year out.