CPJ on Sportscenter @ 11:26am

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
I demand a transcript or summary from you ne'er-do-wells.

Did he say anything new?
The hosts started off asking about how were we going to follow up such a good 2016 season and CPJ talked about our need to string together back-to-back strong seasons as opposed to slipping some like we have in the past. He was asked about his disdain for the SEC and he attributed it to the fact that we lie in the middle of SEC country and that Tech fans have to hear about it more than most. This led one of the hosts, who is from Atlanta, to bring up the final topic of the conversation about how can Tech can get a larger following in Atlanta and improve our ranking in the Atlanta sports market. CPJ said that Tech is a unique place and that we are just not setup to attract 80-90k fans for game day, but that BDS@HGF can be a loud and electric environment, especially for Saturday night games. He went on to say that he hopes that if we can continue to put a good product on the field, that our support will continue to grow. They closed by thanking him for his time and letting him know that he needs to stick to coaching instead of operating the camera. CPJ quipped back that while he was on the camera, he had two faces to choose from and of course he chose the pretty lady instead of the male host.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The hosts started off asking about how were we going to follow up such a good 2016 season and CPJ talked about our need to string together back-to-back strong seasons as opposed to slipping some like we have in the past. He was asked about his disdain for the SEC and he attributed it to the fact that we lie in the middle of SEC country and that Tech fans have to hear about it more than most. This led one of the hosts, who is from Atlanta, to bring up the final topic of the conversation about how can Tech can get a larger following in Atlanta and improve our ranking in the Atlanta sports market. CPJ said that Tech is a unique place and that we are just not setup to attract 80-90k fans for game day, but that BDS@HGF can be a loud and electric environment, especially for Saturday night games. He went on to say that he hopes that if we can continue to put a good product on the field, that our support will continue to grow. They closed by thanking him for his time and letting him know that he needs to stick to coaching instead of operating the camera. CPJ quipped back that while he was on the camera, he had two faces to choose from and of course he chose the pretty lady instead of the male host.

Thank you, kind sir. Also, I really hope no one tries to give him any backlash for the bolded comment. You know how folks are nowadays.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Did he say anything new?

The bit about using Shamire Devine as a blocking back in a "jumbo package" for certain fourth down situations was interesting. So was the bit about occasionally operating out of the old stack/Maryland "I" formation. As was the fleeting reference to a series based on snapping the ball between the QB's legs directly to the B-back. Ted Roof dialing up the old "Sticky Sam" nine-man blitz this coming season -- in honor of the Falcons' 1977 Gritz Blitz -- was an eye-opener, too.

Other than those four completely fabricated notions, now that the medication has worn off, nope -- nothing new. ;)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The bit about using Shamire Devine as a blocking back in a "jumbo package" for certain fourth down situations was interesting. So was the bit about occasionally operating out of the old stack/Maryland "I" formation. As was the fleeting reference to a series based on snapping the ball between the QB's legs directly to the B-back. Ted Roof dialing up the old "Sticky Sam" nine-man blitz this coming season -- in honor of the Falcons' 1977 Gritz Blitz -- was an eye-opener, too.

Other than those four completely fabricated notions, now that the medication has worn off, nope -- nothing new. ;)

dsppntmnt.gif

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you, kind sir. Also, I really hope no one tries to give him any backlash for the bolded comment. You know how folks are nowadays.
You are correct that there may be some people out there that could take his joke as more than it was or something that it wasn't, but I will say that he did not phrase it quite as bluntly as I did in the write-up and that everyone on the set got a good laugh out of it. I loved the comment and felt that it really showed off his quick wit when being put on the spot.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes I wish the guy wouldn't say things like the Miami crack. Most times they make me fall over laughing. But I gotta say that I thought Dinich was sharper than not having an idea of Johnson's record against Clemson and FSU. She did cover the conference, after all. This season is starting to look really interesting.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Sometimes I wish the guy wouldn't say things like the Miami crack. Most times they make me fall over laughing. But I gotta say that I thought Dinich was sharper than not having an idea of Johnson's record against Clemson and FSU. She did cover the conference, after all. This season is starting to look really interesting.

Sports journalists are same as their mainstream media counterparts for the most part. Very few expend the mental effort to analyze anything themselves...they just follow into group think. And group think in sports journalism is that the SEC is vastly better than any other conference, and GT is just a mediocre coastal member....actual results be damned.