CPJ, former players and racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee

Banned
@Ibeeballin
Speak on it then big dawg. Why are you guys playing this insinuating game with emojis but won’t say a damn word out loud. We deserve to know, and you guys deserve to be heard. Don’t be quiet on this issue, that’s part of the problem.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@Ibeeballin
Speak on it then big dawg. Why are you guys playing this insinuating game with emojis but won’t say a damn word out loud. We deserve to know, and you guys deserve to be heard. Don’t be quiet on this issue, that’s part of the problem.

Maybe we should just ask Perkins what he’s been doing to make his nation and community better?

A lot of people are running around talking. If a small percentage were actually doing something maybe we wouldn’t have people believing they have no opportunity or somebody’s holding them back. They’re like the little bitches at the watercooler. Always have great ideas that someone else could/should do.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I just want to throw this out there, but is it possible that you guys are blowing the question out of proportion and taking it a different way than it was meant? To me it reads as if he knows what the answer is and is just messing with CPJ. I have no idea what the intent is, but that is how I'm reading it.

Milwaukee

Banned
I just want to throw this out there, but is it possible that you guys are blowing the question out of proportion and taking it a different way than it was meant? To me it reads as if he knows what the answer is and is just messing with CPJ. I have no idea what the intent is, but that is how I'm reading it.

That’s in the back of my mind @THWG. Hope I’m wrong on this but I’m hoping these dudes with their emojis aren’t just a bunch of beta males who are afraid to spine up and say what’s on their minds.
Social media is nuts.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
That’s in the back of my mind @THWG. Hope I’m wrong on this but I’m hoping these dudes with their emojis aren’t just a bunch of beta males who are afraid to spine up and say what’s on their minds.
Social media is nuts.

I was just shocked he tagged CPJ, but i said TOS, If you’re opinionated about everything else but quiet about this. It does give some cause to pause and question what side of the fence you are on. Maybe that was Charles intent

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I was just shocked he tagged CPJ, but i said TOS, If you’re opinionated about everything else but quiet about this. It does give some cause to pause and question what side of the fence you are on. Maybe that was Charles intent
Why do we say he is quiet about this? Seems his post was fairly direct. He definitely didn't take the Dabo route or the Drew Brees route.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is a very naive post
Can you explain? I would think after 4 years hanging around someone you’d know if they were fair, decent, etc. Yeah there’s always exceptions to the rule because we’ve seen serial killers, etc and people cheat on their spouses without knowing but the man’s running a large organization that’s almost totally people dependent. In the military I could walk into a unit & within 5 mins tell you the type of leader they had. Can do the same in the civilian world.

Now on the other hand at this particular moment in time leaders should clearly and unequivocally speak out for that they stand for. Problem is most leaders have no idea. They hear something they think is good and throw their support behind it, but put absolutely no thought into the 2nd or 3rd order effects of the policies or actions of what they’re saying. You see it on here every day. It’s all about what the headline is and practically nothing about how something would work & what it would actually do.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
This is a very naive post

I’ll stand by what I said. I look at actions and results, not symbols and rhetoric. Y’all had plenty of time around the man to know. So, which is it? And, if it’s the way y’all seem to be insinuating, then what is a tweet going to change? All these people posting hearts and hashtags think they’ve done something.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think Twitter and Instagram have actually made our culture worse in general.

They encourage leaping to conclusions based on VERY limited information, as opposed to spending time and space on more detailed and thoughtful discussion. As a result, they tend to mimic mobs rather than thoughtful debates. I personally believe our society would be better off without them.

I don't think we should judge Mr. Perkins, as one cannot know his intentions based on a single tweet or post, and I don't think we should judge CPJ in the same way. I do agree that actions speak far louder than words (or hashtags).

Peace and love. Out.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Why do we say he is quiet about this? Seems his post was fairly direct. He definitely didn't take the Dabo route or the Drew Brees route.

I wasn’t talking about him directly & that was his 1st tweet since May which was political as well

Status
Not open for further replies.