CPJ, former players and racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I’ll stand by what I said. I look at actions and results, not symbols and rhetoric. Y’all had plenty of time around the man to know. So, which is it? And, if it’s the way y’all seem to be insinuating, then what is a tweet going to change? All these people posting hearts and hashtags think they’ve done something.

Money dictate many people actions and not their true feelings. Many would fall in line if they making $3mil/yr. For the record, CPJ could be an *** but i never got racist vibes from him.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Money dictate many people actions and not their true feelings. Many would fall in line if they making $3mil/yr. For the record, CPJ could be an *** but i never got racist vibes from him.
Thanks for saying that, I am glad to hear it. That is what I hoped and thought, but I had no idea.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Personally, I think Twitter and Instagram have actually made our culture worse in general.

They encourage leaping to conclusions based on VERY limited information, as opposed to spending time and space on more detailed and thoughtful discussion. As a result, they tend to mimic mobs rather than thoughtful debates. I personally believe our society would be better off without them.

I don't think we should judge Mr. Perkins, as one cannot know his intentions based on a single tweet or post, and I don't think we should judge CPJ in the same way. I do agree that actions speak far louder than words (or hashtags).

Peace and love. Out.

Simply giving you a 'like' doesn't convey how powerful your words are here.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I am glad that you stated that you never got racist vibes from him. I am glad that you posted earlier that your emojis were because you couldn't believe that Charles tagged him and asked him directly.

I think many people don't understand how people use Twitter. Many current head coaches are making statements. (Although some only after being pressured) CPJ isn't currently a coach, but he was Charles's head coach. It can be as simple as Charles wanting to hear the guy that was his head coach speak out. Your emojis can be as simple as: "I can't believe you did that". We can read the words and emojis without having to invent "conspiracy theories" about them, to quote CPJ.

Also, to CPJ's being "silent". I haven't heard much out of him since the national championship that he did the TV round table for. He has been on the radio a few times. I have seen him quoted by KQ when KQ called him. This year he had two tweets and one retweet before the one on Sunday. I don't know him, but my impression is that he would be very strongly opinionated and willing to talk in a small group, but isn't likely to have public discussions about most anything unless he is pulled into it.

Deleted member 2897

You're right. I am getting players and seasons confused. 2016 was Lynchs big year.

Yep, and that was one of the many big bull**** awards shafts we've gotten in recent memory. The dude had 1320 yards and 10 TDs, averaging 15 YARDS PER TOUCH. Didn't get 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even honorable mention awards despite putting up better stats than many people who did get awards. Complete bull****.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I never saw anything to show that Paul wasn't even handed. He found something to criticize in every player, regardless of race, color, creed, or national origin.

I miss that. Auditing is the path to good performance.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what this means?

Not trying to speak for @Ibeeballin but i took it as a general statement that a lot of what you are seeing by way of response is not necessarily based on how they really feel, but instead is based on how their perceived response may affect their job, livelihood, etc.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to speak for @Ibeeballin but i took it as a general statement that a lot of what you are seeing by way of response is not necessarily based on how they really feel, but instead is based on how their perceived response may affect their job, livelihood, etc.

Ahhh, yes. If that’s what he’s saying, then I agree. There’s so much posturing on social media and it doesn’t mean sh*t.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can be a real *** too, I hope you have never gotten racist vibes form me.

Edit: I was a real fan of yours while you were on the field. I'm happy you're here to give a players' perspective on certain stances, and haven't been chased away.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I can be a real *** too, I hope you have never gotten racist vibes form me.

Edit: I was a real fan of yours while you were on the field. I'm happy you're here to give a players' perspective on certain stances, and haven't been chased away.
True true. I wish we had more former players here, but I understand they would get hassled to death on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.