CPJ calls out GT's facilities

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hope you are right @Supersizethatorder-mutt but I'm skeptical. We get into a battle for a recruit I can easily see opposing coach say "you really want to play football at GT? They don't take football seriously there, hell.....they wanted to fly their team to Ireland on a plain *** cargo plane...Our school will never do that to you....we charter only the best carriers." Then when they pile on comparing facilities and the recruit comes to visit and sees that difference....he will likely wonder about future transport via cargo plane.

Forgive me but I'm still digesting this garbage and am appalled and extremely hacked that our Athletic Department actually considered treating our beloved students in such disregard.

I hope you are right @Supersizethatorder-mutt but I'm skeptical. We get into a battle for a recruit I can easily see opposing coach say "you really want to play football at GT? They don't take football seriously there, hell.....they wanted to fly their team to Ireland on a plain *** cargo plane...Our school will never do that to you....we charter only the best carriers." Then when they pile on comparing facilities and the recruit comes to visit and sees that difference....he will likely wonder about future transport via cargo plane.

Forgive me but I'm still digesting this garbage and am appalled and extremely hacked that our Athletic Department actually considered treating our beloved students in such disregard.
It's not like the facilities at Tech are bad; it's just they could LOOK better. We have an IFP for what? 5 years, and although it might not be "pretty" as some of the more recent ones at other schools, it is every bit as good. I gather that the weight room is more than adequately stocked too, but again, it's not "pretty." Granted kids are swayed by appearances, and Tech needs to address that, if possible. But I don't think anyone can honestly say we have bad facilities, at least from a functional point of view.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Supersizethatorder-mutt
I agree with you in principle. But we have lagged behind the competition fairly noticeably for some time. (The indoor practice facility was a lifesaver) With all of the other obstacles we have in recruiting, academic limitations etc, we can not afford to place additional limitations on ourselves if it can be avoided at all. Yet I think we have put some anchors around our necks needlessly. That gets exploited in recruiting without doubt.

@Supersizethatorder-mutt
I agree with you in principle. But we have lagged behind the competition fairly noticeably for some time. (The indoor practice facility was a lifesaver) With all of the other obstacles we have in recruiting, academic limitations etc, we can not afford to place additional limitations on ourselves if it can be avoided at all. Yet I think we have put some anchors around our necks needlessly. That gets exploited in recruiting without doubt.
I agree that we need to do something about it. All I am saying is that things are not as bad as they might seem. But we do need an AD who is willing to address these things ASAP