CPJ 1-on-1 Interview with CBS

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Props to this new CBS girl. She has done more interviews with all the Atlanta sports coaches in 1 year than people working in this town for the last 20 years. And while I'm at it, S/O to CBS weather girl Ella Dorsey, she is highly skilled at delivering the forecast :) :cool::wtf: (she went to uga, but I made a rare exception)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Johnson has only had back to back winning FBS seasons once at GT. 2008-2009, when he had Gailey's recruits. Maybe this will be his year.
I'm never quite sure how to take this little evergreen dig. One wants to ask would the writer prefer Johnson to have lost with Gailey's recruits, or to note any new coach anywhere necessarily plays with somebody else's players. (You can flip a basketball program with two outstanding recruits. Not so much a 22-man lineup.) And his first team won nine games when writers and ACC coaches had them pegged for four. I always thought that a quite remarkable coaching job. I too hope he goes back-to-back but at least can we get one game in before we start calling for his head?

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Props to this new CBS girl. She has done more interviews with all the Atlanta sports coaches in 1 year than people working in this town for the last 20 years. And while I'm at it, S/O to CBS weather girl Ella Dorsey, she is highly skilled at delivering the forecast :) :cool::wtf: (she went to uga, but I made a rare exception)

Last time I checked, GT has an Atmospheric Science program that many successful meteorologist and storm chasers have been through and then finished their masters or doctorate at other schools with meteorology programs. UGA... just no.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Part 2 of 2

So CPJ' O is a combination of a run and shoot offense with the wishbone principles thrown in. Sounds like this O was waiting on JT and will be waiting on MJ but LJ could truly be the diamond in the rough if he gets better at reading the D's cues to get the correct ball read and ball to the person who can make a play! Bright future!!! Need my gold colored sun glasses!!!:cool:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So CPJ' O is a combination of a run and shoot offense with the wishbone principles thrown in. Sounds like this O was waiting on JT and will be waiting on MJ but LJ could truly be the diamond in the rough if he gets better at reading the D's cues to get the correct ball read and ball to the person who can make a play! Bright future!!! Need my gold colored sun glasses!!!:cool:

Been saying for a while, I think CPJ has something cooking. There's a reason why he's been recruiting more athlete/slot type receivers for AB than the pony backs he use recruit when he first got here. I really do think he wants to beef up our passing game, and recruiting a QB that's also a strong passer is only part of that equation. Also need guys who are strong receivers as well as strong runners and blockers. That's why you see more guys like Xavier Gant, Cottrell, Lynch, and Jarrett than guys like Roddy Jones, Embry Peebles, etc. As good as our offense has been, it's actually a LOT more devastating than we've seen. We saw glimpses of just how great it could be with JeT in 2014 and parts of 2016.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Indeed! she is highly skilled. Even when she is forecasting bad weather, it's OK with me.

Been saying for a while, I think CPJ has something cooking. There's a reason why he's been recruiting more athlete/slot type receivers for AB than the pony backs he use recruit when he first got here. I really do think he wants to beef up our passing game, and recruiting a QB that's also a strong passer is only part of that equation. Also need guys who are strong receivers as well as strong runners and blockers. That's why you see more guys like Xavier Gant, Cottrell, Lynch, and Jarrett than guys like Roddy Jones, Embry Peebles, etc. As good as our offense has been, it's actually a LOT more devastating than we've seen. We saw glimpses of just how great it could be with JeT in 2014 and parts of 2016.

CPJ has always said that he wants to get the best Athlete out there and in most high schools that guy is the quarterback. It appears to me that he has not changed in recruiting. He gets a few tall big wide receivers, 1 or 2 ground and pound running backs, and then a bunch of athletes to play quarterback and A back. It seems he wants about 5 A backs that can play per season. The key to our poor performance in 2015 is the fact that we lost all 5 A backs from 2014.