Count The Cut Blocks

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

How Many Cut Blocks By Clemson Players

• Total voters

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
There were some games when our line came up and just blew the DL back. Especially on some of those late death marches. Unfortunately that didn't work as well against some of the top teams that were a lot bigger and athletic plus they would grab us to keep from getting to the LB. Duke would just fire everyone into the gaps and outnumber us in the backfield. It was fun to watch when we were dominating the DL. This line is big and is coming into its own. Would have been fun to have Cochran this year. The line has made a difference in helping Sims have success this year. I wonder if Johnson would stick around another year.
Yessss. Nobody calls defensive holding against DLs any more. (I mean, if you aren't calling holding against OLs unless they tackle their opponents, how can you call DLs for holding?) But there it is in the rules to this day. I used to get very upset about this, but there it is.

And, yes, sometimes you just get overmatched. It happens. For all that we did led the country in rushing per game in the regular season in 2018. We were doing something right.

Deleted member 2897

Did anyone have a final count? I had to listen on the radio and the announcers weren't keeping a tally for me :)

I haven’t had time to get you yet. Also, I’m not looking forward to the notion of having to watch that turd fest a second time. But I will make a point to get to it.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
The cut block complaint was about getting a competitive advantage in the games and on the recruiting trail. You know the whole Highschool offense CRAP! Had the media not jumped on the band wagon to help create and perpetuate the narrative, we may still be running the Spread Option. Instead, we are setting records. :oops:

Deleted member 2897

Watched the replay of the game until 3:20 left on the clock in the first half. 0 cut blocks. The score was 31-7. That’s when I realized that with a halftime score of 52-7, Clemson was about to score 3 touchdowns in the last 3 minutes. I really had no interest in re-watching any more of the game again at that point.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Watched the replay of the game until 3:20 left on the clock in the first half. 0 cut blocks. The score was 31-7. That’s when I realized that with a halftime score of 52-7, Clemson was about to score 3 touchdowns in the last 3 minutes. I really had no interest in re-watching any more of the game again at that point.
Well, you tried. I doubt I could stomach much of the 1st qtr.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I doubt you watched any of it and just wanted to point out that they scored 3 TDs in the last 3 minutes. My guess is you never had any interest in re-watching the game at any point, for obvious reasons.

Deleted member 2897

I doubt you watched any of it and just wanted to point out that they scored 3 TDs in the last 3 minutes. My guess is you never had any interest in re-watching the game at any point, for obvious reasons.

What kind of nonsense is this? How about you rewatch that part of the first half and prove me wrong tough guy.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Valiant effort. I'm amazed you watched that much of it.

Imagine being one of the players going through game footage before moving on to ND... OUCH

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What kind of nonsense is this? How about you rewatch that part of the first half and prove me wrong tough guy.

Tough guy? lol. Starting the drinking early today aren't you?

I just don't believe that you knew the final score was 73-7 and 52-7 at half, and it was them getting a 1st and goal up 31-7 that suddenly made it unbearable to watch.

Deleted member 2897

Tough guy? lol. Starting the drinking early today aren't you?

I just don't believe that you knew the final score was 73-7 and 52-7 at half, and it was them getting a 1st and goal up 31-7 that suddenly made it unbearable to watch.

Yea I guess it’s kind of like saying that getting kicked in the nuts 15 times is okay, but those 3 rapid fire kicks in the middle - now that’s just too much.