Cory Alexander

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It's not just that it is stupid to go that hard against Moses for no reason. He turned around and sucked off Hurt right after a head to head where Moses completely outplayed him.

Oh, and he was also just wrong in pretending Moses just started playing well recently considering Moses opened the season with 3 straight 20+ point games.

Or that he didn't show up against the best teams. He was better than Jose against FSU both times. *edit, they were about even the second time.

just ignorant of reality.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
He was also a condescending patronizing ******* to his cohost. Hook shot for Usher? What a moron.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
He has been bad for years now. A complete homer and always seems like he has it out for Tech. He’s one of my least favorite announcers. Hard to hide his bias.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
He was also a condescending patronizing ******* to his cohost.

On this point and this point alone I will defend him. I believe his cohost started it with that shot at him being color blind. I also think it was mostly good natured between the two.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's not just that it is stupid to go that hard against Moses for no reason. He turned around and sucked off Hurt right after a head to head where Moses completely outplayed him.

Oh, and he was also just wrong in pretending Moses just started playing well recently considering Moses opened the season with 3 straight 20+ point games.

Or that he didn't show up against the best teams. He was better than Jose against FSU both times. *edit, they were about even the second time.

just ignorant of reality.
Fake news!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
While he shat on Moses, he absolutely lauded Alvarado. Pointed out Jose did what he did against the top of the league. While I agree with that, what he neglected to consider is the importance of the last 5 games to the post-season opportunities for GT and how huge Moses has been in getting us into the NCAA tourney. Without his herculean efforts over the previous 5 games, we may not make the NCAA. That's a huge swing and miss for Cory.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
He also basically discredited our win streak, saying that they were all teams ranked below us and that we should’ve beaten them. Hey genius, why do you think they’re below us? Maybe because at this point we have already beaten them. His arguments about our team and Moses held no water. He’s a homer plain and simple. Every game he calls he has to make mention of uva and the “jpj” arena and how great it is. I’d prefer Brian Oliver any day over him, even though we have to tolerate Tom Werme along side both of them.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
If you look up Moses stats in games against his biggest competition for this award Moses has typically had the better games. He shows up in big games. He is not padding his stats against sisters of the poor.
Exactly. The Duke game was the biggest game of the year. Everyone came out tight except Moses.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t believe he still has a job , I mean I’m not talking about his disdain for GT , I’m talking about just the fact that he makes no sense .. he gives no intelligent insight

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is disappointing and I chalk it up to BSPN groupthink. I remember him being fairly complimentary and knowledgeable about our Cremins years.

I recall him suggesting pretty heavily that he would've come to GT had we not signed Travis Best. Said something like, "The scholarship went to a guy who scored over a hundred points in a HS game so I understood they went that direction." STTE

But he's devolved into the same-ol', lame-ol' BSPN 'guy' talking in sound bites, not paying much attention to the game they're calling, and bending over backwards to pander to the big markets 'n blue bloods.

It's sad, expected, and the main reason I watch games on mute for the most part. I literally don't watch any BSPN programming unless I absolutely cannot watch a game any other way.

The fact that no network has even approached supplanting them or even making them feel a need to do better is a great disservice.

Now, lemme log out before ESPNJacket catches wind of my rant. Don't tase me, bro!

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that really pissed me off was the amount of time he spent downplaying Moses' accomplishments this year. He just kept harping on his view that Moses did not play well until the last 2 weeks of the season, which we all know is false. If you don't think Moses is the POY then fine. But to go on an extended rant about it was over the top. And at least get your facts straight. Moses has been good all season. He has put us on his back down the stretch when we needed it the most, unlike some of the other POY candidates.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The thing that really pissed me off was the amount of time he spent downplaying Moses' accomplishments this year. He just kept harping on his view that Moses did not play well until the last 2 weeks of the season, which we all know is false. If you don't think Moses is the POY then fine. But to go on an extended rant about it was over the top. And at least get your facts straight. Moses has been good all season. He has put us on his back down the stretch when we needed it the most, unlike some of the other POY candidates.

Who was he saying should win it? The Duke guy? The guy from the 10th or 11th team in the standings? We've had plenty of 10/11 place finishes with guys playing well but they rightfully didn't get POY sniffs.

Since I didn't hear him, I'm curious to know who he thinks should win it so I can go on an extended rant on why they shouldn't be considered.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Who was he saying should win it? The Duke guy? The guy from the 10th or 11th team in the standings? We've had plenty of 10/11 place finishes with guys playing well but they rightfully didn't get POY sniffs.

The thing is, his main point wasn't even about player of the year. It was about putting Jose on first team All ACC instead. But that got lost because instead of spending time building up Jose and his accomplishments, he just focused on discrediting our run and tearing down Moses. That just isn't good commentary. A commentator should never focus so heavily on the negative argument in that case. As much as I sometime dislike commentators for bias, it's almost always for focusing on building up players/teams/coaches and the like. Fans will often get annoyed even at things like phrasing a situation in a weird way, like against Duke when they described us as just playing ball while Duke was operating when it was a two point game. But that was small time stuff compared to the rant that Alexander went on to discredit Moses, especially since most of his arguments were just blatant heavy spin jobs.