Corporate Stadium Sponsorships

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Corporate sponsorship of a facility is a pretty high profile deal. As a company, you are alligning yourself pretty closely with a particular program.

Makes me wonder if any locally based corporation would risk raising the ire of the dwag hoarde by signing such a big visible agreement with the NATS.

A broadcasting bigwig told me one time the quickest path to bankruptcy in sports broadcasting would be to be seen favoring Tech football over the dwags. I dont think the consequences are as dire in other sectors, but the same logic applies. Why go looking for negative responses?
I believe you are correct re: favoritism for Tech being squashed. Several years ago the owner of a car dealer closed his sales spot with "go Jackets", within a few weeks that blurb had been dropped. Also remember the Georgia Tech Golf Club formed several years ago somewhere in north Ga. Georgia people went crazy, soon the club was sold, and a name change.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Honest question - because I'd think about it for a bit ... but would any of you be for it if "Delta Airlines presents Historic Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field" earned us 2.5 million a year in straight cash to the AA? Money that could be used to pay off fired coaches, get more analysts and recruiting staff, and get a horde of drones and technology to help with practice and prep?

And to keep it somewhat sane, let's assume that the only partners would be "reputable" ones, e.g. Delta, Coke, etc. Not The Cheetah, Poulan Weed Wacker, or Fat Boy Groceries.
No.

This has been another in a series of simple answers to simple questions.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Corporate sponsorship of a facility is a pretty high profile deal. As a company, you are alligning yourself pretty closely with a particular program.

Makes me wonder if any locally based corporation would risk raising the ire of the dwag hoarde by signing such a big visible agreement with the NATS.

A broadcasting bigwig told me one time the quickest path to bankruptcy in sports broadcasting would be to be seen favoring Tech football over the dwags. I dont think the consequences are as dire in other sectors, but the same logic applies. Why go looking for negative responses?
Doubt even a UGA fan would boycott Coke, Delta, or Home Depot if we were ever to get a hypothetical local sponsorship. I guess they could drive across town to go to Lowe's instead of going to Home Depot. Coke and Delta would be pretty safe.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Doubt even a UGA fan would boycott Coke, Delta, or Home Depot if we were ever to get a hypothetical local sponsorship. I guess they could drive across town to go to Lowe's instead of going to Home Depot. Coke and Delta would be pretty safe.

I doubt anyone would boycott either, but just the PR optics of it along with having to deal with the bullying nature of the leghumpers attitude toward Tech might be enough to scuttle something.

It would be as locally popular as "Coca Cola....Offical Soft Drink of Hillary 2020".

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow

It annoys me that in 2018 I can’t select which audio feed I want on TV. I’d love to listen to the GT radio feed instead of ESPN. Occasionally I’ll mute the TV and try to sync it manually but it’s a PITA. I suppose this is more of a legal challenge than a technological one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I doubt anyone would boycott either, but just the PR optics of it along with having to deal with the bullying nature of the leghumpers attitude toward Tech might be enough to scuttle something.

It would be as locally popular as "Coca Cola....Offical Soft Drink of Hillary 2020".
It might be similar to sponsoring Vanderbilt in the state of Tennessee

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It annoys me that in 2018 I can’t select which audio feed I want on TV. I’d love to listen to the GT radio feed instead of ESPN. Occasionally I’ll mute the TV and try to sync it manually but it’s a PITA. I suppose this is more of a legal challenge than a technological one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bite the bullet and listen to the GT Sports Network on Tunein anyway even with the delay.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I present the new home of the Joliet Slammers

h2kydfetktf3b1g84gltft1f9kgl2tn

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I believe you are correct re: favoritism for Tech being squashed. Several years ago the owner of a car dealer closed his sales spot with "go Jackets", within a few weeks that blurb had been dropped. Also remember the Georgia Tech Golf Club formed several years ago somewhere in north Ga. Georgia people went crazy, soon the club was sold, and a name change.

The GT Golf Club had nothing to do with anti GT hysteria. It was built at the height of the golf bubble on land unsuitable for golf. Sold in bankruptcy.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah it's a mistake in the long run for a college team to play in a Pro Stadium. Pitt plays in their own stadium and so does Memphis. Temple has plans to build an on campus stadium.

Pitt plays at Heinz Field. They share it with the Steelers.

That said, they're maybe in a similar boat as GT when it comes to fan attendance: if you live in Pennsylvania, do you root for Penn State or Pitt? Seems like most fans root for Penn State.

It's definitely a good thing we didn't play at the Dome or MB now - especially since we can't even fill out a 55k seat stadium when playing a top 15 team on national TV.