Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Supply chain issue or food choice/life style issue? I went to Kroger yesterday for my drive-thru grocery pickup and could only get diet sodas, milk & carrots. They were out of Cheetos, ice cream, grape jelly, and Spam.

We've definitely been getting restocked on Cheetos in Brooklyn at Wegmans. Ben & Jerry's has been adequate, not plentiful.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No more face kissing in Europe or Latin America.

Maybe our new greeting should be to each film a short 10 second TikTok video.

How about a nice wave as you walk in the room and saying hello to people?

Deleted member 2897

How about a nice wave as you walk in the room and saying hello to people?

Perfect!

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2897

When you think about how Asians wear face masks when these sorts of breakouts happen, and how our health experts are finally coming around to it, and you see studies like this one, I think its fair to say we can put that final stake into the coffin for how our folks have failed us.

A weekend ago, I was waiting in my car for a repair to be done on my iPhone. A guy 3 parking spots away in the next row (I'd guess 25 feet) was on break smoking in his car. It was about 75F, so I had my windows down to keep it from getting too hot inside the car. I could easily smell the smoke from him. Common sense should tell us if you can smell things like that, then you can get airborne material that far away too.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11359...cloud-coronavirus-across-supermarket-lingers/

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
If a room in my house is on fire I don’t need to wait until a million tests are run to verify that water will likely put it out but will damage some of the house in the process. Give me the hose & I’ll put the fire out, then deal with the water damage to the room. I don’t need to wait until 6 months after the house is burned to the slab for you to return the report that I should have used water.

These so called expert doctor scientists are taught a protocol & they almost never deviate from it for fear of lawsuits. There’s lot of discussions about these protocols the experts love are negatively affecting infected patient’s immune response putting those patients bodies in severe risk of destroying themselves as their systems warp into hyperdrive.

You’d think after waiting failure after failure these experts would take a step back & realize they’ve been wrong all along, then consider the symptoms and responses to treatments as they are learning how to best combat this virus. Reality is they cannot because they’re more fearful of a lawsuit & being ostracized by their employers/insurance companies than they are prescribing improper protocols for their patients. This weakness among medical professionals & these big bloated medical “drive thru McDonalds” type megabusinesses are now on display for all the world to see & it ain’t a pretty sight.

The fundamental idea that research protocol is driven by fear of lawsuit is patently false.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
When you think about how Asians wear face masks when these sorts of breakouts happen, and how our health experts are finally coming around to it, and you see studies like this one, I think its fair to say we can put that final stake into the coffin for how our folks have failed us.

There are many kinds of scientific study. Some things in medicine too cannot reasonably be studied through randomized controlled trial.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The fundamental idea that research protocol is driven by fear of lawsuit is patently false.
I was referring to medical doctors treating patients on the front line.

I will have to disagree about medical research. My father was in charge of qualifying research medicines for public consumption and the extraordinary measures they needed to clear to make sure the drug that would benefit 99.9999% of individuals using it was not beaten to a bloody pulp in court for the 1 person that too a topical ointment and rammed it up their rectum or administered an adult dose to a newborn, etc. Crazy what damage well intentioned regs due to progress.

Deleted member 2897

I was referring to medical doctors treating patients on the front line.

I will have to disagree about medical research. My father was in charge of qualifying research medicines for public consumption and the extraordinary measures they needed to clear to make sure the drug that would benefit 99.9999% of individuals using it was not beaten to a bloody pulp in court for the 1 person that too a topical ointment and rammed it up their rectum or administered an adult dose to a newborn, etc. Crazy what damage well intentioned regs due to progress.

I mean, we only need to look no further than the restrictions we had on being able to simply test for the virus. We had to literally break the CDC and FDA and throw them out of the way in order to make progress.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BROOKLYN? I hope your family and friends are doing well. :beercheers:

Thanks. Doing OK. I'm convinced this stuff is more widespread than we know and I've probably been exposed to it. I've felt pretty good, but maybe get some mild nausea here, a headache there, a few sneezes. No fever this whole time and taking temperature regularly.

I'm on week 5 of working from home and am not going near my parents (both in high risk categories). Call them every day to check in on them, but they've done well to stay home also.

Not leaving my apartment, except to go to my building's roof, the lobby for packages & laundry, or Wegmans for groceries. Plenty of yogurt & green juice with some blueberries along the way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Talenti is good stuff. @kg01 could learn something here.

Mrs. kg01 loves talenti. Do you eat it with your pinky poked out too, dt?

@kg01

Please take notes. Even in a time of national crises it's not acceptable to make the ice cream choices you do. Bravo, @jwsavhGT !

Something tells me, this thing goes much longer, you boys'll drop them high-class ice cream standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.