Congrats to Joe Hamilton!!

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I knew Danny Smith when he was at GT and was recruiting Joe. Danny was a guy who could really connect with kids. No doubt that he had a LOT to do with getting Joe to GT.

Danny left because he said that George and Ralph were obsessed with work. It was a shame to lose such a good recruiter to the NFL!

Ralph also deserves a lot of credit for developing Joe. If you look at Ralph's track record with QB's from his time as OC at Maryland with Ross through Godsey at GT, it is an amazing string. Rick Strom would have never smelled the NFL if Curry's staff had stayed at GT, for example.

The good old days, with some very hard working coaches who knew what it takes to win at a high level and made it happen.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to Joe. I still remember to this day hearing my family scream Lil Joes name hundreds of times a game. Them perfect deep balls to Kerry Watkins, Kelly Campbell were a thing of beauty. I didnt understand football well back then, but I knew good when I saw it and he was REAL good. If we could get another Joe this offense would hummmm. Glad to have him on the staff. Hes just at the right age of not too old and not too young with a great accomplishment on his shoulder now. He can keep it real with these kids and maybe sway some good uns our direction. Might help even more if CPJ wasnt running the TO.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE=". Might help even more if CPJ wasnt running the TO.[/QUOTE]

Ralph ran the TO too.

I'll never forget the Gator Bowl against ND when GT came out after halftime and ran wishbone down the field for a TD. I don't believe ND talked about that at halftime.

Good college coaches adapt their scheme to the talent at hand and/or to what the other team cannot match up with, or is not expecting.