Conference Realignment

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
You have identified the reality of where college football is right now. Every team in your conference that loses casts doubt on every other team in that conference.

I honestly believe the ACC is the strongest conference this year. By a long shot. But having undefeated teams get beaten hurts because there is already a stigma against the ACC. UNC, Louisville and Miami could each, on a given Saturday, beat any other team in the country. Certainly their decisive wins over teams like LSU, Notre Dame and Texas A&M have already proven that.

The SEC turned me into a total ACC homer because they demonstrated a long time ago every win by an SEC team helps every other SEC team.
We will so how strong the ACC teams were this year during rivalry week..

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the ACC is trending upward, Why? Because the coaching is trending upward - give it time

Miami - Cristobal isn't great but better than previous coaches
FSU - Norvell very good coach and huge improvement
Ga Tech - Don't make me laugh at the improvement vs the clown show that existed previuosly
Clemson - Dabbo is a good coach
Wake - Clausen good proven coach -surprised he doesn't move upward
UNC - Brown is an adminstrator but they are much better coached than before him
Duke - Elko is the real deal
NC State - Doeren is solid
UVA - Ellis - meh fair
VT - don't know much about new coach but better than past coach Fuente - I think but jury still out
Pitt -Narducci is up and down but not a bad coach
Lousville - Brohm can coach and vast improvement over the past
Syracuse - Nabers - meh - not terrible though
BC -I'm very impressed with Hafley - very good in game coach

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
FSU will be good as long as Norvell is there, one hell of a coach. His record at FSU, 3-6, 5-7, 10-3, 9-0, speaks for itself.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
NIL, portal, etc. has changed the landscape. It appears the ACC has benefited from that. Talent rich recruiting grounds, mostly east coast time zone, good quarterbacks, etc. Only time will tell. We need to step it up in the post season.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is likely to finish with a 7-3 record against the SEC at the end of the regular season. Also currently 4-3 against the B1G, not sure if there are any more games there. That's definitely improvement.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is likely to finish with a 7-3 record against the SEC at the end of the regular season. Also currently 4-3 against the B1G, not sure if there are any more games there. That's definitely improvement.
If it were the SEC 7-3 over the ACC it would be labeled as a DOMINANT PERFORMANCE, absolutely proving that one conference is better than the other. With the ACC being up, it will treated as no big deal signifying nothing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If it were the SEC 7-3 over the ACC it would be labeled as a DOMINANT PERFORMANCE, absolutely proving that one conference is better than the other. With the ACC being up, it will treated as no big deal signifying nothing.
Exactly this!

Weird how transparent the boosterism for the SEC is by media pundits while they continually underestimate or even denigrate the ACC. With them, evidence can mean whatever you want it to mean.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think the ACC is trending upward, Why? Because the coaching is trending upward - give it time

Miami - Cristobal isn't great but better than previous coaches
FSU - Norvell very good coach and huge improvement
Ga Tech - Don't make me laugh at the improvement vs the clown show that existed previuosly
Clemson - Dabbo is a good coach
Wake - Clausen good proven coach -surprised he doesn't move upward
UNC - Brown is an adminstrator but they are much better coached than before him
Duke - Elko is the real deal
NC State - Doeren is solid
UVA - Ellis - meh fair
VT - don't know much about new coach but better than past coach Fuente - I think but jury still out
Pitt -Narducci is up and down but not a bad coach
Lousville - Brohm can coach and vast improvement over the past
Syracuse - Nabers - meh - not terrible though
BC -I'm very impressed with Hafley - very good in game coach
Elko already being mentioned for replacing Fisher at A&M. Don't see him at Duke much longer.
Clausen must like the atmosphere at Wake but enough money could move him to a bigger program. Wake alums really like him. Cuse probably will hire a new coach after this year.They aren't showing improvement.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Who knows? Claussen may be like Jim Grobe, lots of interest in him but he stayed put at Wake to the end. Cut did the same thing to a lesser degree at Dook. Cut actually verbalized that he appreciated the lower pressure at Dook but with a high level of commitment to restoring the football program. He was also of the opinion that Duke Medical Center saved his life after his heart attack. What they've done the past 15 years or so in football has been good to watch - as good as it can be being Dook.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He might be a candidate for Miss State if they fire their coach
He is sorta an IVY league type. Not sure miss state would be a good fit for him. He is more of a Vandy or Tulane or Northwestern or Rice type. Very cerebral guy. He does seem content at Wake but money talks.
Elko is the most likely to get snapped up IMO.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He is sorta an IVY league type. Not sure miss state would be a good fit for him. He is more of a Vandy or Tulane or Northwestern or Rice type. Very cerebral guy. He does seem content at Wake but money talks.
Elko is the most likely to get snapped up IMO.
I think A&M snaps up Elko

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Schiano is a good coach for Rutgers. The best thing that will happen to them is getting out of the B1G East. OSU, Michigan and Penn State beat them like a drum every year. Of course they could face Oregon, Washington and USC as well at the 3 mentioned above on any given year! LO

Schiano is a good coach for Rutgers. The best thing that will happen to them is getting out of the B1G East. OSU, Michigan and Penn State beat them like a drum every year. Of course they could face Oregon, Washington and USC as well at the 3 mentioned above on any given year! LOL
Remember when Vols fans canned him within a week and called him a Yankee carpetbagger.