Conference Realignment

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was very impressed with Michigan’s defense. This was the first game of their’s I’ve watched all the way through. Alabama appeared to rely on misdirection more than trying to run strength on strength. Michigan was very physical.

But, to be fair, this Alabama team was not as complete as some of their previous teams. Saban did a good job getting everything he could out of them.

This was definitely one of Saban's best coaching jobs.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I was very impressed with Michigan’s defense. This was the first game of their’s I’ve watched all the way through. Alabama appeared to rely on misdirection more than trying to run strength on strength. Michigan was very physical.

But, to be fair, this Alabama team was not as complete as some of their previous teams. Saban did a good job getting everything he could out of them.
Michigan has been the #1 defense all season. Their defense is good. Both UW and UT have good offenses, better than Alabama’s offenses so whoever wins will give them a run.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Both Alabama and Texas lost. FSU couldn't have done worse than to lose the game. CFP blew an opportunity to gain legitimacy to ensure the SEC (future SEC) had a chance. Both SEC (future SEC) teams blew their chances. Now CFP has lost both its integrity and the opportunity to have an SEC team in the Championship. Oh, well.
No one will care after this season. T great close games today which is what TV and viewers want.

FSU and SEC haters will whine but the whining will go on deaf ears everywhere else in the Country.

Michigan vs Washington. #1 vs #2.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
it’s also hilarious because the B1G team was clearly better than the SEC team and ST mistakes is all that kept it close.

And the future B1G team was clearly better than the future SEC team and once again ST mistakes and a freak injury is all that kept it close.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No one will care after this season. T great close games today which is what TV and viewers want.

FSU and SEC haters will whine but the whining will go on deaf ears everywhere else in the Country.

Michigan vs Washington. #1 vs #2.
Meh, Texas is better than Alabama. Alabama didn't earn the opportunity. I don't care about next year. There was some vindication that the team that didn't deserve to be there got ousted. I hate FSU; I revel in their misery.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Both Alabama and Texas lost. FSU couldn't have done worse than to lose the game. CFP blew an opportunity to gain legitimacy to ensure the SEC (future SEC) had a chance. Both SEC (future SEC) teams blew their chances. Now CFP has lost both its integrity and the opportunity to have an SEC team in the Championship. Oh, well.
Yep, the two 1 loss teams that magically jumped FSU in the rankings unsurprisingly lost just like they did in the regular season. Maybe winning actual games should be given greater consideration in the future.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yep, the two 1 loss teams that magically jumped FSU in the rankings unsurprisingly lost just like they did in the regular season. Maybe winning actual games should be given greater consideration in the future.
Did you watch. 1st game OT. 2nd game Winning pass from the 10 yard line broken up on last play of the game.

The #1&2 seeds won. In games as close as possible. Glad the two who won did. They are not significantly better than the losers.

These were the competitive games fans, The CFP and ESPN were hoping for. Entertaining games. Fun night watching football.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All I know is I didn’t bother to watch the night game because the CFP has become loathsome to me. I watched rooting hard for Alabama to get beaten. I will not bother to watch the championship as I really don’t care.
They may have gotten two exciting games, but they also lost at least some viewers (well, one anyway) with their selection antics.
That said, screw FSU.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Saban did a good job of convincing everyone they were better than they really are. Well… Saban and sEcSPN.

So the two 1-loss teams… lost again. The two undefeated teams won again. The field should have been Michigan, Washington, F$U, and UGA. Bama had lost at home to Texas by 10, and Texas had lost at home to OU by 4. UGA lost to Bama at a neutral site by 3. Best loss of those 3 is UGA’s.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am going to take the contrary view. After last night's riveting finish, and an OT game earlier, how could anyone say the CFP got it wrong? Those were two of the best games I saw all season. We end up with the #1 and #2 seeds playing for the championship after well-earned, nail-biting, victories. I say we should put aside our anti-SEC emotions for a moment and just enjoy what we saw yesterday.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Agree on both of your points. The DT who was the MVP was a bit of an Aaron Donald clone. Not real big but quick and virtually unblockable. As I watched the game I noticed the lack of truly elite players (esp. on O) that Bama has had in the past - RB's like Henry and Richardson, Wr's like Jones, Waddle, Cooper. Looks like their talent level is down just a bit from the past several years.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Agree on both of your points. The DT who was the MVP was a bit of an Aaron Donald clone. Not real big but quick and virtually unblockable. As I watched the game I noticed the lack of truly elite players (esp. on O) that Bama has had in the past - RB's like Henry and Richardson, Wr's like Jones, Waddle, Cooper. Looks like their talent level is down just a bit from the past several years.
I saw somewhere that according to 247 the last 3 Bama teams have been the most talented ever

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I am going to take the contrary view. After last night's riveting finish, and an OT game earlier, how could anyone say the CFP got it wrong? Those were two of the best games I saw all season. We end up with the #1 and #2 seeds playing for the championship after well-earned, nail-biting, victories. I say we should put aside our anti-SEC emotions for a moment and just enjoy what we saw yesterday.
There were football games on TV last night. I thought football season was over after the Gasparilla bowl and started back August 24 2024.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I saw somewhere that according to 247 the last 3 Bama teams have been the most talented ever
I think that might be possible from one of the "composite" rankings. But, as we know, not all 4 and 5 star players are created equally. Calvin Johnson was "only" a 4 star iirc.They just (to my eye anyway) don't have the one or two guys that look they are the best players on the field and are a guarantee to be a high impact guy at the next level like some of the names I mentioned in my earlier post.