Conference Realignment

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Why won’t sEcSPN redo the contract? There are now California and Texas added to the ACC market and they’re not getting full shares.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If we are adding USF and Tulane, then we are pretty much a G5 conference at that point. If FSU and others leave, then whoever doesn't get a seat in the B1G or SEC needs to beg the Big 12 to take them. It is what it is.

Never thought I would say this but I hope the government intervenes and kills the NCAA. Let football be it's own league with a commissioner, go back to regional based conferences, pay the players with contracts, and have revenue sharing.
Why? The B12 media contract is about $15 below the ACC contract. The ACC contract runs through 2036 with a yearly escalator, When Texas and Oklahoma leave the B12, they're a G5 conference.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Name which four teams make it if FSU's QB is not hurt.

I know you are not suggesting that the SEC would have been left out. There is almost no possibility of that happening.
I think Alabama is out. Might be Texas but that would cause more issue than leaving out FSU without QB1.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I think Washington (PAC12 << ACC) gets left out. The QB excuse was an easy one.
So, Washington, the second ranked team in most computer polls with two top wins against a team ranked as high as FSU in most computer polls gets left out? The team that won the PAC10, which by every computer poll is much better than the ACC, gets left out?

Also, please share the computer polls that have the PAC10 <<ACC. Where exactly does anyone rate the ACC higher?

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Pick one. Who gets left out if FSU's QB is not hurt? Is it Bama, the SEC champ, or Texas, the Big12 champ who beat Bama at Bama?
It’s close but Bama is out. I say with limited confidence. :ROFLMAO: There would be some hard conversations for sure. Being this is the last year of the current format the Committee had much more flexibility to shovel xxx than any other year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So, Washington, the second ranked team in most computer polls with two top wins against a team ranked as high as FSU in most computer polls gets left out? The team that won the PAC10, which by every computer poll is much better than the ACC, gets left out?

Also, please share the computer polls that have the PAC10 <<ACC. Where exactly does anyone rate the ACC higher?
The PAC12 has forever been touted as the weakest P5 conference. They're out there on the Left Coast. Few stay up to watch their games. If we're going by history or otherwise, the SEC, which was one of the weaker conferences THIS year, would have been left out. If it's about perception and match-ups, I think the PAC12 would get left out. That's assuming it's about the pageant, not the on-field play.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The PAC12 has forever been touted as the weakest P5 conference. They're out there on the Left Coast. Few stay up to watch their games. If we're going by history or otherwise, the SEC, which was one of the weaker conferences THIS year, would have been left out. If it's about perception and match-ups, I think the PAC12 would get left out. That's assuming it's about the pageant, not the on-field play.
I am not sure what exactly you are talking about, but what the PAC10 was considered in previous seasons is irrelevant. They were considered the second best conference this year by most experts. The computer polls aligned with that. Further, regardless if the PAC10 "was" considered weak, this year they are ranked ahead of the ACC in virtually every rating system. Just as Washington is ranked ahead of FSU in virtually every rating system. So, the committee is going to bypass an undefeated team with the second highest ranking in the second best conference (this year) to take FSU? Yeah, I do not think so.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
So, Texas gets left out over Bama despite beating Bama at Bama? I would say that is highly unlikely, but whatever.
The argument here would be that Bama lost only to the team that beat the team that beat the number one team in the country. So their one loss is at the beginning of the year is actually better than the loss suffered by texas to a middle of the road oklahoma team. Controversial yes. But given Texas is leaving the big 12 i could see it.