Conference Realignment

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think your point is very valid, and yes that is where we are now when I stop and think of it. Does CFB become a hobby so to speak for the elitist wealthy? Sure seems to be setting itself up for that sort of thing it appears to me. In some respects it has already been that way behind the scenes for many years, may be now it is more open to more people getting involved and openly. It becomes a status thing in each community?
We Tech Alum are elite.

Why recently , a well lubricated alum had to yell cuss words at the Clemson band. They were making too much noise near our seatsat half time. The lubrication had him using very spicy Language as he put them in their lower style place. He said - take your fnxxxx tractor and go back to your farm.
He sure represents gt

They may beat us on field but in our minds we are winners. Do we still get a trophy at the alumni party

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
We Tech Alum are elite.

Why recently , a well lubricated alum had to yell cuss words at the Clemson band. They were making too much noise near our seatsat half time. The lubrication had him using very spicy Language as he put them in their lower style place. He said - take your fnxxxx tractor and go back to your farm.
He sure represents gt

They may beat us on field but in our minds we are winners. Do we still get a trophy at the alumni party
I love a good tractor. Got family with farms

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love a good tractor. Got family with farms
Graduate from gt , have good job for 40 years and then retire at reduced salary.

Own a farm and you are a businessman man par excelance. Built pipelines across their property and got schooled buying easements and settling damages.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The drunk gt guy cussing their band happened. Right by our còaches and players families. Gt alumni like that have no place in stands.

Last edited:

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

We all thought this was happening and looks like we were right.

Espn is floating payments to OU & UT.
Yes, it is confirmation that the networks are deciding everything behind the scenes. I read another report in the Athletic that suggested OU and UT will likely be made close to whole.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
The word that people are throwing around is "sports washing". Where a person / organization / country invests in sports of some type to increase financial gains / prestige to offset some liability. https://www.britannica.com/money/sportwashing

And the more the money in the sport, the more prevalent it is.

For CFB, it's where sub standard academic universities buy their way up the ladder with sports. Clemson comes to mind as does Alabama. (In cycling, you have UAE Emirates or Astana.) But whatever, sports viewing is only entertainment and we all have a choice where to spend our time.
The Saudi’s are the biggest in sports washing.
That gives me an idea.
Why don’t we have the Saudi sovereign fund buy the ACC and pay each school equal to the SEC schools. Win/win. The Saudi’s PR reputation goes up by association with ACC and we get more money.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I find most of us are both wound pretty tight and mostly introverted / introspective.
When the tipping point is reached (especially with lubrication)it can get ugly. Not that that’s an excuse….
So on his radio show , our previous coach handled a drunk uga caller by hanging up and saying" he sounds like he just got off work at walmart".
What should a Stud DL recruit think about that since his mother works at walmart? Other teams use our elitism as a tool.

No man can avoid being born average, but he has no excuse for being common.

Just be glad u got out and wel ome next man / family up. Athletes from both teams go thru hexx to get on field. We are witnesses to gladiators in à safe arena.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You guys can just look it up. Army and Navy have a single game deal with CBS that in 2008 was $5M for that game. Army has its own deal with CBS, just like ND. Can’t find the dollar value.
Seriously? As if it translates into something meaningful?

When was the last time ANY service academy competed for a natty? I can't think of any.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The word that people are throwing around is "sports washing". Where a person / organization / country invests in sports of some type to increase financial gains / prestige to offset some liability. https://www.britannica.com/money/sportwashing

And the more the money in the sport, the more prevalent it is.

For CFB, it's where sub standard academic universities buy their way up the ladder with sports. Clemson comes to mind as does Alabama. (In cycling, you have UAE Emirates or Astana.) But whatever, sports viewing is only entertainment and we all have a choice where to spend our time.
I think the Alabama/Clemson examples are quite different than Saudi Arabia or similar. Football success -> more applications -> more enrolled people with more impressive transcripts is a material change. "Oh, this country is sponsoring all my favorite golf events, they're so cool and nice" is not.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The drunk gt guy cussing their band happened. Right by our còaches and players families. Gt alumni like that have no place in stands.
Turds are turds. Drunk people say stupid things. I don't think GT or anyone has a monopoly on that. If that's the worst things we do, that's pretty tame compared to other schools.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This can pretty much be said about any game. When was the last time Auburn played a game that was relevant to CFB? When they bought their championship? You can say that about any game not the championship game.
Auburn hasn't been relevant in 10 years. Agreed. When was the last time Army was relevant? 1935?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

We all thought this was happening and looks like we were right.

Espn is floating payments to OU & UT.
The SEC is their Conference for TV games. The Big 12 is a Fox Conference so this is logical. It wouldn’t be from one ESPN Conference to another ESPN Conference. No ACC to SEC bailout.