College Playoff Rankings

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ChrisYandle: Georgia Tech up two spots to 16th in latest @CFBPlayoff Top 25. #Jackets 5 spots ahead of Clemson, 6 ahead of Louisville

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Mother of god. I cannot stand watching those. From 20 replays of AJ Green one-handing a catch against Colorado in 2010 (online commercial) to listening to the idiot chairman say that beating ranked teams in the early part of the season matters for M State - I am ready to punch my monitor.

Daniel Tosh is right, but it ain't just ESPN that is #$@king-off the SEC.

(The funny thing about the commercial is that UGAg lost that game)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
You mean he is the only at ESPN with some sense and can see through the SEC BS. He continuously make Finebaum look like a dumbass( which is not too hard)
The only reason Finebaum has a job with ESPN is because of that dumb *** bama fan killing those trees

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
These rankings are actually really good for us IMO. The fact that Mississippi fell so far (below Minnesota, LOL) bodes really well for Georgia Tech's chances of passing Mississippi State for the 4th playoff spot if the Bulldogs finish with 2 losses. Significantly improves our playoff equity if you ask me.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
We should be above Auburn and Arizona State

Let's not get too homeriffic. We've played 2 good teams this year (Miami and Clemson). Arizona State's played 5 (UCLA, USC, Stanford, Utah, and Notre Dame). We have no argument to be ranked over them whatsoever right now. Beat Georgia and it's a different story.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Personally, I think the committee got it exactly right ranking us at 16 although I'd put Michigan State below us and Mississippi above us. Auburn's undervalued if anything. They've played the toughest schedule in the country by far, and have done very well considering. I'd have them #11. Wisconsin's really close, you could go either way at the moment, although I'd give the Badgers the slight edge. If they win out vs. Minnesota and Ohio State while we win out against UGA and Florida State however, the edge would shift decidedly to our favor.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Marshall finally ranked.

Also, new rule: any team with 4 or more loses, shall not be ranked. If you run out of 3-loss or less teams, too bad.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Let's not get too homeriffic. We've played 2 good teams this year (Miami and Clemson). Arizona State's played 5 (UCLA, USC, Stanford, Utah, and Notre Dame). We have no argument to be ranked over them whatsoever right now. Beat Georgia and it's a different story.

UCLA is a good team, and they blew out ASU. The rest are no better than Miami, Clemson, UVA IMO. Traditionally I would agree that the schedule seems daunting, but not this year. JMO

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Beat UGA and we're in the top ten. Then beat FSU and we've got a real chance at top 4 assuming they are undefeated when we play. I think there will be strong value placed on winning any conference.