College Playoff Rankings

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
We were NEVER in the playoff hunt after dropping those two games. We are now a solid top 20 team and have beaten 3 big name teams this year. With a good chance of making it 4 and the possibility of an ACC Championship. Unless we are in the hunt for the playoff then who cares. Beat UGA and we should be in Orange bowl even with a loss to FSU

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
The lovefest for the SEC is truly sickening... Though The ACC has the opportunity to change it. We need to go 4-0 with our rivalry games. I will cheering very loudly for Louisville, Clemson and FSU while my jackets take on UGA. We go 4-0 and we can start to crow.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
If they are gonna keep Utah and Auburn in the top 25 Clemson should be too. All three losses on the road to #3, #10, #18..... Having said that I knew having DRAD on the playoff committee would screw us we should be higher.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't know how much we'll move up if we beat Georgia. Georgia will be a 3 loss SEC team who just lost to a top 25 team so they should still be ranked higher than us. Utah and Arizona play each other and if Utah wins that win over a good Arizona team will keep Utah ahead of us and Arizona will be a3 loss PAC12 team who just lost to a good Utah team so they should stay ahead of us as well. Did I mention Arizona best Oregon earlier in the year? That's important. Also if Missouri wins out they'll win the SEC east so they'll have to jump us. The winner of the USC/UCLA game will jump us because they just beat a good PAC12 team. Also don't forget if Notre Dame beats USC that's gonna be a hell of a win and they're likely to bolt into the top 15 as well. If Nebraska beats Minnesota and Iowa they should jump us because they're a 2 loss team that only lost to Michigan state and Wisconsin. Did I mention Wisconsin played LSU and lost? That loss doesn't count since LSU is in the SEC West. Hell we'll probably stay where we're at.

I didn't space out paragraphs on purpose... Good luck.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
One can only hope to stay under the radar for a short time. Eventually being underrated will bite ya in the bee hind.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't give a crap about this. GT lost to freaking Duke and UNC. GT doesn't deserve anything to be in the top 4.

Just win out and take what we earned and kick *** there too.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
"Alabama had a decisive victory over #1 Mississippi State." And then Moments later we get: "Mississippi State only lost by 5 and was never out of the game." FSU at #3. Auburn at #14. Neither Marshall nor Colorado State ranked.

Barf.

The committee has made their biases clear and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone who's been watching CFB the past few years. The G5 might as well be Div 3 and reputation means more than results. Bring back the computers.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Utah has 3 losses including one to Wazzu and they're ranked ahead of us? Weird.
Say what you will about UNC and Duke, but they are better than WSU. Not to mention we have 2 more wins.
The top 4 doesn't matter. When they're trying to push an undefeated FSU out, you can guess what kind of respect an undefeated GT would get. Maybe top 10.
The fact they use standing ADs on the committee is hilarious. A real professional would recuse himself due to a conflict of interest. I had high hopes for the playoff, but the dolla bills dictate the narrative and perception. ESPN sucks. I hope Pollack gets AIDS. Again.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don't understand the hate for the ACC

FBS OOC losses: (record) team [Margin]

Boston College: (9-1) Colorado St [3]
Clemson: (8-2) UGA [24]
FSU: none (to play Florida)
Louisville: none (to play ND and Kentucky)
NC State: none
Syracuse: (6-4) Maryland [14]; 7-3 Notre Dame [16]
Wake Forest: (3-7) ULM [7]; (8-3) Utah St. [12]

Duke: none
Georgia Tech: none (to play UGA)
Miami: (8-2) Nebraska [10]
UNC: (6-3) ECU [29]; (7-3) Notre Dame [7]
Pitt: (7-3) Iowa [4]; (5-6) Akron [11]
UVA: (8-2) UCLA [8]; (6-4) BYU* [8]
VPI: (6-3) ECU [7];

TOTALS: 13 losses

Combined Overall Record: 97-46
Average Margin of defeat: ~11 points

Good losses: Nebraska (2nd in Big Ten West), Iowa (3rd in Big Ten West), UCLA (1st in Pac XII South), UGA (2nd in SEC East), Colorado St (1st in MWC), Notre Dame x 2, Utah State (2nd in MWC).

Bad losses: Akron, ULM

FBS OOC WINS: (record) team [Margin]

Boston College: (3-8) UMass [23]; (7-3) Southern Cal [6]
Clemson: none (to play Georgia State and South Carolina)
FSU: (5-5) OK State [6]; (7-3) Notre Dame [4] (to play Florida)
Louisville: (4-7) FIU [31] (to play Louisville and ND)
NC State: (8-3) GA Southern [1]; (4-6) Old Dominion [14]; (4-6) USF [32]
Syracuse: (7-4) Central Mich [37]
Wake Forest: (3-7) Army [4]

Duke: (3-8) Troy [17]; (3-7) Kansas [38]; (3-7) Tulane [34];
Georgia Tech: (3-7) Tulane [17]; (8-3) GA Southern [4] (to play UGA)
Miami: (6-4) Ark. St. [24]; (6-3) Cincinnati [21]
UNC: (5-5) San Diego State [4]
Pitt: (4-7) FIU [17]
UVA: (1-9) Kent State [32]
VPI: (9-1) Ohio State [14]; (7-3) Western Michigan [18]

Totals: 20 FBS wins
Overall Record: 116-108
Average Margin of Victory: ~18

*= pre Taysom Hill injury

Have beaten:
current odds on favorite to win B1G (Ohio State), MAC (Western or Central Mich), Sun Belt (GA Southern), American (Cincy)
current #1's or 2's in divisions: Pac XII South: Southern Cal

TBD: Georgia State @ Clemson; Louisville @ Notre Dame; Florida @ Florida State; COFH; South Carolina @ Clemson; Kentucky @ Louisville

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm trying to follow some of their logic. Missouri is ranked, finally, because of their position in the East. Ohio State's only loss has been to VPI, which is now respectable because the Hokies losses have all been close. So Ohio State is now on the verge of making the playoffs. Duke, like Missouri, leads their division, but falls out of the rankings due to a close loss to VPI.

Missouri's loss to Indiana is a quality loss because SEC. Alabama deserves to be #1 because Miss St had quality wins over top 10 opponents that are no longer ranked. Miss St is #4 because they didn't lose as bad as they should have.

FSU risks falling further because they don't win good enough.

My head hurts.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
No way Utah and Auburn should be ahead of us. Arizona State lost to a bad Oregon State team and should have dropped further as well. We are the only 2 loss team with 9 wins, that alone shoud put us in the 8 to 13 range. I notice the PAC 12 has 6 teams in the top 25, other than Oregon, there is not a PAC 12 team that is really good. The SEC has 6, the ACC has 4, the Big 10 has 5 and the Big 12 has 4. It looks like the committee is making sure their individual constituencies are well represented. More political than objective.

Go Jackets!
I'm still pissed off , I was hoping this so called new System would be better.

Mississippi State loses and still in the top 4 Why ? Alabama beat them and the week before Alabama was not in the top 4. Maybe it's Miss States out of conference schedule , Southern Miss , UAB, South Alabama, and UT Martin all power houses. OK maybe it wasn't their schedule it could be their winning tradition , 2013 ( 7-6) 2012 (8-5) 2011 ( 7-6) nope it's not that it's because they are in the SEC.

Ok Utah and they are rated above us? At 7-3 They did beat Idaho State , and that Power house Michigan team who is 5-5. But they did lose to Washington State who is 3-7 damn Washington State must have a very hard schedule. It could be their close lose to Oregon Ducks only if they had scored 3 more TD's they would have only lose by 3 points.

And Auburn at 7-3 ? They lose the last 2 weeks and still at 14. I guess this week if they beat Samford that will move them back in the top 10.

And to top all this off ( and this was my fault on the way home I was listening to 680 Chuck,and Chernoff) I should know better. They were talk about uga ( go figure) and how if they win out they could still be in the Top 4. Why ? Because they say uga has the 4th or 5th hardest schedule and that's not counting the Tech game. So lets look at this hard schedule.
They beat Clemson with the same QB that we played.
South Carolina beat them and they are 5-5
Troy and they are 3-7
Tennessee and they are 5-6
Vanderbilt and they are 3-7
Missouri
Arkansas and they are 5-5
Florida and they lost is 5-4
Kentucky and they are 5-6
and Auburn
and this is the 4th or 5th hardest schedule, I guess after this week and they beat Charleston Southern we will be playing a top 5 team.

So to the new committee I say "go stick it "

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
In this era focused on player safety, quality of your wins should not be considered. Running up the score should be looked down upon. The teams that played FSU close are OK State, #22 Clemson, #5 ND, and a good Miami team. All of the rest were won by 2 scores. I hate FSU but they are really getting the shaft here. No one has been able to prove they aren't the #1 team in the nation