College Playoff Rankings

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
This is correct, but a member can lobby for or against other teams that will positively affect their team. If a Clemson member was precluded from voting on Clemson, they can still vote and vigorously debate against other teams beneath them in the rankings so Clemson stays in. I'm not sure if he has to recuse himself from discussing Tech, but if he doesn't, his lobbying efforts for or against Tech can affect Clemson's bowl outcome just as much as if he could advocate for Clemson.
Not only can a member get other members to vote for their teams (quid-pro-quo), but Disney/ESPN entire effing corporations are allowed to bribe lobby the members to influence the vote. It is like we have freaking Congress deciding how to rank these teams...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not only can a member get other members to vote for their teams (quid-pro-quo), but Disney/ESPN entire effing corporations are allowed to bribe lobby the members to influence the vote. It is like we have freaking Congress deciding how to rank these teams...
Hey now... The polls are actually getting released every week.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well I think you could argue they have two wins better than any of ours. But like I said I don't necessarily agree with that argument. I think when you're talking about a single number difference in ranking in the high teens you're almost splitting hairs that that point.

What do you define as "real knowledge of football?" Why is it assumed that those two are ignorant when it comes to the sport?
With regards to the general, it's mere suspicious speculation. If he played or coached college ball I could give him a pass. As for Condi.....I'm pretty sure she never did either. So to answer directly, playing and or coaching at a high level. Playing in high school alone doesn't cut it sorry. Playing college (any level) and coaching High School or above...I'd be down with. People making these selections should be able to dissect schemes at least a little. I feel like the group in charge now is little better, maybe no better, than a random group of sports journalists....or even random ball fans. (Excluding the former coaches like Osborn that are on it now)

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
It's nuts to have 2 teams that already played be in the bracket. It's the point to figure out whose the best?

If alabama already beat miss state, Bama is better why put them both in the playoff to try and prove it again or disprove it? If miss state beat Bama in the playoff, would you know who is better? They're 1-1 against eachother. Do we need a +1 best out of 3 to settle the score.

That to me is asinine what if michigan state didn't lose to tosu and the playoff ended up being Bama MSU Oregon and miss state. 2 weeks ago that was a real possibility and it would have been terrible. All 4 teams would have played a team that already played another.

For the fun of it and the legitimacy they gotta be in different conferences and have won them.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey now... The polls are actually getting released every week.
Good point. I guess they could be threatening to defund the schools that don't bribe lobby them enough. "Nice football program you got there; be a shame if something were to happen to your ranking..."

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I wish there was some method of picking committee with no ties to a particular school or conference. Maybe retired NFL scouts or something. You can't convince me that each person on that committee has a bias against or for certain teams. For example: Spurrier or Holtz or Bowden, we know who they like and dislike. Others have the same feelings, just not as public as those three.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is that a member of the board cannot vote for his/her own team. Maybe Drad is just a member...
Yea... but what makes you think that the other members arent going to be bias towards their buddy on the committee. Whether he can vote for Clemson or not... They arent going to stick it to Clemson in the rankings because they have to face the AD week after week.