College and Pro Sports Seasonal Thread

Deleted member 2897

Tennessee's football program is getting better and it looks like Coach Jeremy Pruitt is concentrating his recruiting in Georgia,Alabama and Florida. Recruiting in Georgia is going to be very tough in Georgia in the future with UGAG,Alabama,Tennessee,Auburn and Clemson recruiting hard in Georgia.

Its getting better?

2015: 9 FBS wins
2016: 8 FBS wins
2017: 4 FBS wins
2018: 2 FBS wins*
*This year they have 2 just past the halfway point of the season. They play University of Charlotte and Vanderbilt so they might win 2 more FBS games, with also a shot against Missouri. But man, UTEP, Auburn, Charlotte, Vanderbilt and possibly Missouri as your wins? I am not sure I'd call that a positive trend.

Tennessee has always had top 10-15 recruiting classes.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Its getting better?

*This year they have 2 just past the halfway point of the season. They play University of Charlotte and Vanderbilt so they might win 2 more FBS games, with also a shot against Missouri. But man, UTEP, Auburn, Charlotte, Vanderbilt and possibly Missouri as your wins? I am not sure I'd call that a positive trend.

Tennessee will go 7-5 and possibly go to the Music City or TaxslayerGator Bowl(Predicted by CBS Sports online) so things seem to be getting better;) Coach Jeremy Pruitt is a better recruiter than Botch Jones was it seems because Botch Jones left the cupboard pretty empty;)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Its getting better?

Compared to last year's dumpster fire, the team is actually playing for a full 60 minutes. I think Pruitt has taken control of the program and is making the right changes. He did say, the talent today is not sufficient to play SEC ball and that it will take 2 years or so to do so. I do think he wants to return to recruiting in GA again (who doesn't, except it seems, Tech) ... I'm pleased with how UT is playing compared to the crap of a show they put on last year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Florida Atlanta head coach Lane Kiffin has made a scholarship offer to Matt Leinart's 11 year old son QB Cole Leinart who is in the 6th grade and is 5-7. It's being said that college coaches are already looking at Cole Leinart because of his size and he has a rocket arm.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It sounds like Northern Illinois may have fallen below the threshold that that NCAA has put up for FBS teams. NIU announced their home attendance for the 2017 season was 67,748 but an audit of tickets showed that the number of scanned tickets was only 44,084. NIU had to purchase 56,345 for a whopping 273,619 dollars to comply with the NCAA regulations and hit the minimum attendance of paid tickets allowed for FBS teams. It's time for Northern Illinois to go to FCS with North Dakota,North Dakota State,South Dakota,South Dakota State and Illinois State.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...-tickets-to-hit-ncaa-attendance-requirements/

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Florida Atlanta head coach Lane Kiffin has made a scholarship offer to Matt Leinart's 11 year old son QB Cole Leinart who is in the 6th grade and is 5-7. It's being said that college coaches are already looking at Cole Leinart because of his size and he has a rocket arm.
Matt Leinart said Lane Kiffin was joking about making an offer to his son 11 year old son Cole.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The #2 team in Division 2 Ferris State will be in trouble with the NCAA for using ineligible player for four games in 2018. The ineligible player was DT Dan Perry who wrestled at Michigan during the 2016-2017 academic year then transferred to Kent State after wrestling season where he was redshirted during the 2017 football season and then transferred to Ferris State for the 2018 football season. Because of the two transfers Dan Perry should have been made to sit out the 2018 football season at Ferris State.