Colgate - Wednesday 12/23/2015

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We really need to be 3-5 at this point, but 2-6 would not be terrible if we are playing competitively in the losses. The rest of the schedule looks better.

This quote alone sums up the issues with our program right now. I never thought I'd think, "man, if we are 3-5 or even 2-6 in conference in January we're right on track."

That stretch is tough, but we'd better find a way to get to 4-4 if we want anyone to take us seriously. Unfortunately, I think you're right though.

If this season unfolds the way I'm thinking it will then it will definitely be time changes in coaching, culture, expectations...really everything if we want to be a competitive program again.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We are not playing well right now. The energy level these last three games is troubling. Here is my take on the eight games in January. Five road games, plus UVA and Louisville at home, could be our toughest stretch of games.

1/02/16 at North Carolina: Not expecting a win here, but I hope we are competitive for a half.
01/06/16 at Pittsburgh: We have a chance here, but only that. Young & Artis will be a challenge for Mitchell and Jacobs
01/09/16 vs. Virginia: Hoping we can be competitive at home. And, not be 0-3 after this game.
01/13/16 at Notre Dame: We need this game, but they will be tough at home.
01/16/16 vs. Virginia Tech: A must win. And, a game we should win.
01/23/16 vs. Louisville: This is my upset special.
01/27/16 at NC State: State is disappointing their fans thus far. We could steal a road win here.
01/30/16 at Syracuse: Another tough road game, but winnable.

We really need to be 3-5 at this point, but 2-6 would not be terrible if we are playing competitively in the losses. The rest of the schedule looks better.

2 players in particular really concern me.

Nick Jacobs: this kid looks like someone just pulled his goldfish out of the tank and squashed him on the rug and killed him right in front of him.

Jax: After 14 months, I'll say it definitively, Jax, you can't shoot. Period. Stop pulling up and take that rock strong to the hole and either finish or get to the line. You will excel. I promise.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This quote alone sums up the issues with our program right now. I never thought I'd think, "man, if we are 3-5 or even 2-6 in conference in January we're right on track."

That stretch is tough, but we'd better find a way to get to 4-4 if we want anyone to take us seriously. Unfortunately, I think you're right though.

If this season unfolds the way I'm thinking it will then it will definitely be time changes in coaching, culture, expectations...really everything if we want to be a competitive program again.
@bke1984 - Are you cutting the $4MM check to begin the process of those changes? If not, your statements have been duly noted. You're free to keep making those statements, as free speech is your right, but please understand that you'll likely be talking to a wall after a while.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

It's well past time for a change. But it doesn't really matter. Our AD is going to continue to go cheap in regards to basketball so it doesn't really matter unless we get extremely lucky with our next cheap hire.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
60%? he is 1-8 in last 2 games
but Q is 2-11 , ---think just think these will be our "scorers"next yr
I wonder who will be our scorers as well. We have two more slots to fill in the next recruiting class. Plus, I will be surprised if Corey comes back for another season. He will 23 years old and graduated before school starts in the Fall of 2016; and has little chance of playing much next season. If I am right, we will almost certainly be signing at least one grad transfer. Hopefully it will be a shooting guard.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
@bke1984 - Are you cutting the $4MM check to begin the process of those changes? If not, your statements have been duly noted. You're free to keep making those statements, as free speech is your right, but please understand that you'll likely be talking to a wall after a while.

Ok, fair enough. Despite my well known opinion, I still feel like this team has a lot of potential. Going to Chuck and Jacobs should still be our MO, but I'd really like to see Marcus step up more when this plan doesn't work. We go through a lot of spells where we can't score, and when that happens we need Marcus to get to the line. He's shooting free throws way to well this year for this not to be a major part of our offense. He really needs to realize when we are in this situation and start to take charge. The really good teams always have a guy that can do this.