Colgate - Wednesday 12/23/2015

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
This is another pretty bad team. I like to see White get the start again and see how he does. I think his energy might really spark the team to play better moving forward. Jacobs went from dominating at the start of the season, to fading into the background, it has been really weird. Not sure if his confidence is shaken or something, but he had terrible body language and his head down almost the entire UGA game. It was disappointing to see.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wonder if Jacobs got in trouble with a coach for something? Hope not and White started based upon what is happening in practice.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Wonder if Jacobs got in trouble with a coach for something? Hope not and White started based upon what is happening in practice.
I of course do not know why CBG started White over Jacobs, but I like the move. Not critical of Nick at all, but I cringe at the results of the old rotation at times. If Nick and Chuck start, gradually Ben and James rotate in. While I like them as players, they are not aggressive scorers. Then if Q has also come in for MGH, and Tadric has maybe substituted for Adam, we are left with not much offensive punch on the floor. I think this line up has often resulted with Tadric or Jorgy having to take a desperation shot at the end of the clock. By starting James, we have either Nick or Chuck in the game, and therefore have a low post scoring option.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If anyone can fire it up on watchespn, get there. You gotta see the lettuce on this Colgate kid. It's glorious.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I just looked at the first 10 ACC games we have. I can not remember a stretch to start league play ever being this tough. Maybe in the late 80's or early 90's. Wow

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We are not playing well right now. The energy level these last three games is troubling. Here is my take on the eight games in January. Five road games, plus UVA and Louisville at home, could be our toughest stretch of games.

1/02/16 at North Carolina: Not expecting a win here, but I hope we are competitive for a half.
01/06/16 at Pittsburgh: We have a chance here, but only that. Young & Artis will be a challenge for Mitchell and Jacobs
01/09/16 vs. Virginia: Hoping we can be competitive at home. And, not be 0-3 after this game.
01/13/16 at Notre Dame: We need this game, but they will be tough at home.
01/16/16 vs. Virginia Tech: A must win. And, a game we should win.
01/23/16 vs. Louisville: This is my upset special.
01/27/16 at NC State: State is disappointing their fans thus far. We could steal a road win here.
01/30/16 at Syracuse: Another tough road game, but winnable.

We really need to be 3-5 at this point, but 2-6 would not be terrible if we are playing competitively in the losses. The rest of the schedule looks better.