COFH Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I think the Dawgs make a late push with our prevent defense to pull within 1 TD then sticky ricky recovers their onside kick to seal the win.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I actually think we can beat up on them pretty bad this year. The big play has been working this year, and so I think we will be able to keep them honest from going all out trying to be super aggressive and if not we can hit those big plays on them. If they aren't super aggresive we can put them to sleep with long drives and then hit them over the top with the occasional big play. On our D we are generally decent at stopping teams that run a pro style offense from scoring even if they hold on to the ball for a long period of time. JT and Eason could be the big deciding factors in this game over the Deffense and if I had to pick I'll take JT all day. With this being said I think it will be relatively close with a few mistakes by us.

31-17 GT with butker making history!

One of our TD's come late to seal the deal and that's why I got us by 14.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I actually think we can beat up on them pretty bad this year. The big play has been working this year, and so I think we will be able to keep them honest from going all out trying to be super aggressive and if not we can hit those big plays on them. If they aren't super aggresive we can put them to sleep with long drives and then hit them over the top with the occasional big play. On our D we are generally decent at stopping teams that run a pro style offense from scoring even if they hold on to the ball for a long period of time. JT and Eason could be the big deciding factors in this game over the Deffense and if I had to pick I'll take JT all day. With this being said I think it will be relatively close with a few mistakes by us.

31-17 GT with butker making history!

One of our TD's come late to seal the deal and that's why I got us by 14.

Imo, our pass protection has been good enough for us to hit open receivers. We've had some open receivers because of teams over-committing to stop the run. We were also able to scheme vpi for keying on the pulling guard.

However, we've been inconsistent in our own execution when we have to play a team straight up. I like our O this year better than last, but I'm not as confident in it as any year before 2015, except maybe 2013 and 2010.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Athens is a tough place to play.
We are still snakebit with the Mutts.
Our D is not being put in a position to stop anyone and their D is going make us play perfect to keep in the game.

I still have to think some before I post a score. This is tough one.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Red Zone!
Coach is 4 of 6 t plus 1 fg. mills, Marshall jt are beasts behind crisp ol!!
GA TECH 31
Roof is redeemed by the numbers They get 3 fg of 5 fg attempts , and 1 long td. lb fill the gaps and hold uga to short gains.
uga 16.

Who saw this coming last summer?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don't see the game going well if CPJ pulls the stubborn stick to my guns:
Dive
Toss
Dive
UGA has an excellent and fast run D and will attack from the edge on obvious passing downs. GT WILL I repeat WILL have to use some quick passes and pass on deep on early downs to keep their D from just blowing up the option all game. I don't forsee CPJ doing that and UGA's D will run rough shot on the O. GT's D isn't strong enough to sustain their O for long periods. Clemson 2.0
GT 10 - Mutts 45

I don't see the game going well if CPJ pulls the stubborn stick to my guns:
Dive
Toss
Dive
UGA has an excellent and fast run D and will attack from the edge on obvious passing downs. GT WILL I repeat WILL have to use some quick passes and pass on deep on early downs to keep their D from just blowing up the option all game. I don't forsee CPJ doing that and UGA's D will run rough shot on the O. GT's D isn't strong enough to sustain their O for long periods. Clemson 2.0
GT 10 - Mutts 45
The mutts haven't scored 45 points on anybody this year, and, as bad as our defense tends to be, it is certainly no worse than some of those teams that Georgia has played. And Georgia's D hasn't looked all that good against others for most of the year; I think they are vastly overrated. To compare them to Clemson is ludicrous. Clemson actually knows how to defend an option attack; Georgia has proved over and over that they either don't know how to or just flat can't. Finally, you certainly do not have any faith in Johnson as a coach. Sure, he is stubborn at times, but he also knows what works and what doesn't, or he wouldn't have been a successful coach for 35 years And it's "rough SHOD," not "rough SHOT."

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I never, ever feel good about this game... It's usually very close, regardless of how well either team is doing. UGA rarely blows Tech out, even when there's an imbalance in talent. And I've witnessed two games where Tech has blown the Dawgs out (once as a major underdog in '84 and as the clear favorite in '90). Statistically speaking, Tech should have won a few more of these close matches over the years than it has. Given how close many of the games have been, statistically it doesn't make sense that the series is so lopsided and that we're winless at Grant Field since '99 (barring the Jasper Sanks fumble, that would be since '89). It may be psychological... Look at the Florida-UGA series since Spurrier first took over, and it's a similar thing. Maybe Georgia goes into Jacksonville playing not to lose, rather than playing to win. It may be similar for the Tech-UGA series. I pick Tech by 7< in a very scary field-position game with the occasional explosive big play -- but hoping more for a VT-type game, with Tech with a comfortable 2nd-half lead and Georgia maybe scoring junk touchdowns at the end. If UGA wins, it'll probably come off Blankenship's leg.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Nah

The mutts haven't scored 45 points on anybody this year, and, as bad as our defense tends to be, it is certainly no worse than some of those teams that Georgia has played. And Georgia's D hasn't looked all that good against others for most of the year; I think they are vastly overrated. To compare them to Clemson is ludicrous. Clemson actually knows how to defend an option attack; Georgia has proved over and over that they either don't know how to or just flat can't. Finally, you certainly do not have any faith in Johnson as a coach. Sure, he is stubborn at times, but he also knows what works and what doesn't, or he wouldn't have been a successful coach for 35 years And it's "rough SHOD," not "rough SHOT."

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
GT 17
Uga 14

Butker gives us the lead with just under 2 minutes left. Of course they drive right down within FG range, but rec specs misses it to send it in to OT.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
34-24 good guys. I think GT comes out as the team with nothing to lose. u(sic)ga thinks they're good now because they shut down an Auburn team without a running game or passing game. This GT team has both. If they overload the edges, beat them to death up the middle. Let's not act like this is some defensive juggernaut we're staring down. On defense, their O-Line is putrid. Make JAcob Eason throw 45 times. If they beat you doing that, with average receivers and one good TE, they deserve to win. I think some on this board are SERIOUSLY overrating the talent level of this u(sic)ga team. They don't beat Auburn if Pettway plays and their QB is healthy. We got Dedrick Mills back and a full complement of personnel in the backfield. They're the ones under pressure, not us.