COFH kickoff at noon

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I once heard UGA officials request COFH not be a night game in Athens to avoid extreme drunkeness. Any truth to that?

I remember the same thing. They requested the game be played in daytime to avoid doggie hooliganism.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
Hmm not sure why that would be. We play Auburn at night. Can't imagine why COFH would be any different. Any night game against a larger program would probably be about the same.
Probably because it’s thanksgiving weekend so people are already more drunk than usual since they may have had the previous couple of days off to drink as well.

Also, since it’s thanksgiving weekend, finding the extra security staff to manage the drunken crowds is likely harder.

Finally, if the UGA fans trash the place up (like they did the library a few years ago) it gives them very little time to fix it before finals and the end of the semester.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
GT wins in Athens when I don't attend. I intend on keeping that streak going this year.

Besides, the drive is horrible and the game experience in Athens is dreadful.

When we win it’s a frigging awesome experience. You are missing out on some awesome GT football memories by skipping.

Will be a tough game to get a W. But it’s doable. DuhU and wahoos first.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Just Wrong.jpg

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably because it’s thanksgiving weekend so people are already more drunk than usual since they may have had the previous couple of days off to drink as well.

Also, since it’s thanksgiving weekend, finding the extra security staff to manage the drunken crowds is likely harder.

Finally, if the UGA fans trash the place up (like they did the library a few years ago) it gives them very little time to fix it before finals and the end of the semester.

True...Thanksgiving with relatives always requires some alcohol

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But who designed it is the question. A person with uga ties. Same reason as to why the Tennessee River doesn't run through Georgia's NW corner, bad surveying by a uga grad when establishing the state line.

History is fun!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On another site someone had a nice explanation of why the COFH game in Athens is likely to almost always be a 12 noon game.

The FL-FSU, Clemson-SC, and L'ville-KY games all have reverse schedules to us (they are all home games for the ACC team this year), so SEC Network doesn't have broadcast rights.
That leaves the Iron Bowl, COFH, TN at Vandy and one of
LSU at TAMU or Miss St at Ole Miss.

Assuming the Iron Bowl is likely to get picked for the CBS 3:30 slot, then COFH is the only game SEC Network has the doesn't require a 11 am local time start.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
On another site someone had a nice explanation of why the COFH game in Athens is likely to almost always be a 12 noon game.

The FL-FSU, Clemson-SC, and L'ville-KY games all have reverse schedules to us (they are all home games for the ACC team this year), so SEC Network doesn't have broadcast rights.
That leaves the Iron Bowl, COFH, TN at Vandy and one of
LSU at TAMU or Miss St at Ole Miss.

Assuming the Iron Bowl is likely to get picked for the CBS 3:30 slot, then COFH is the only game SEC Network has the doesn't require a 11 am local time start.
Tennessee-Vanderbilt is 3:00 pm on the SEC Network November 24th:cigar:

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
This game when in Athens is pretty much guaranteed to be a noon start. Iron Bowl will almost always be the CBS 3:30 game. And all the other SEC home games are in the central time zone.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know the sections where GT fans will sit? I didn’t buy tickets through GT for this game and now I’m thinking about going. I’d like to find a ticket where I can’t sit with my peeps. I’ve never been to COFH in Athens so I think I need to experience the cesspool like the other GT faithful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Don't do it - just back away from the edge and turn around slowly. I went my freshman year and it was HORRIBLE!

That’s really funny. [emoji23]

For the record, I thought it was pretty horrible at BDS last year. People were sitting in my row that didn’t have tickets in my row and the guy next to me barked and jumped (on my feet) the entire game. I found no help with getting these people in their correct seats. Rudest fans I’ve ever been around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk