Coastal Race (new)

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
My thoughts:
Duke: Will likely beat Syracuse, VT will be much more difficult than what it appears right now, UNC will be motivated on a Thursday night (Likely 2-1, hopefully 1-2)
Miami: I think they will beat F$U, but I think they will drop one to UVA or Pitt. Its not like Miami teams are known for their focus... (hopefully 2-1)

I see 2-3 games where the opponent will be backed into a corner: Duke-VT, Miami-UVA, maybe Duke-UNC. It sounds like many people are screaming for Beamer's head. Same with London. Don't underestimate what happens when your opponent has its back against a wall. Just ask the Dogs...

All we need to do is take care of business against NCSt and Clemson...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
"IF" we take care of business this Saturday against NCST, I like the way the planets are lining-up for the Clemson game ... no matter who they play at QB.
Probably a Home team under-dog role.
Even though CU travels well should still be a big GT crowd and home field advantage.
Offense on a roll, GT confidence riding high.
Possible ACCCG implications on the line.
CU with not a whole lot to play for outside of rivalry with GT, I don't think FSU will lose twice.
CU really looking ahead to their big rival USCe.

slugboy

Staff member
I won't even worry about catching Duke until they lose a game. The odds of them losing two games are pretty slim. They're upperclassmen, disciplined, and went through the meat of their schedule already.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I won't even worry about catching Duke until they lose a game. The odds of them losing two games are pretty slim. They're upperclassmen, disciplined, and went through the meat of their schedule already.

As things have turned out, you're probably right, but at the start of the season, I think the top 4 Coastal opponents were GT Miami UNC and VPI, they've played 2 of them and are 1 and 1.

It's been said before but bears repeating: Syracuse needs to remain all of its remaining game to become bowl eligible. VPI has a bye week before Duke and need to win 2 of their last 3 to get bowl eligible. UNC also has to win 2 of its last 3 to become bowl eligible.

Duke's last 3 wins: GT by 6, UVA by 7 and Pitt in overtime. They are very beatable imo. Obviously, there was no excuse for our loss to them, but I'm not so sure that they're so secure in their hold of the Coastal.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I don't think UM has to lose.......we beat them head to head. Duke needs to lose two. If we win out, UM wins out, and Duke loses one....UM gets the nod (which is better than Duke repeating)

No. No, No. NoNoNo. Boats Blow 'n Hos U winning the division is NOT better than Fluke winning.

I'd almost rather see the Coastal championship awarded out-of-conference to Athens Correctional College than see da "U" with bragging rights in our division.