Coaching

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think it's in addition to his pitching coach position. Prince was hitting coaching and recruiting coordinator.

Wow. I was expecting him to be let go, given our track record with pitching the last few years. I am honestly shocked if he has been retained AND rewarded.

Their isn't one part of the game in disarray at Tech. They can't throw, catch, hit, pitch, run bases at the level of the top tier programs in the country. The Tech baseball program at one time recruited and developed good to great baseball players. Now they don't simple as that. The more Danny keeps bringing his boys in for asst coaches the worse the play has gotten. Either his asst aren't any good or he is not any good or the recruiting ranking are wrong and the players we bring in aren't any good. I let this board decide that. One thing no one can argue and that is the baseball program in not any where it used to be or where it should be.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Their isn't one part of the game in disarray at Tech. They can't throw, catch, hit, pitch, run bases at the level of the top tier programs in the country. The Tech baseball program at one time recruited and developed good to great baseball players. Now they don't simple as that. The more Danny keeps bringing his boys in for asst coaches the worse the play has gotten. Either his asst aren't any good or he is not any good or the recruiting ranking are wrong and the players we bring in aren't any good. I let this board decide that. One thing no one can argue and that is the baseball program in not any where it used to be or where it should be.
Howell is not one of Hall's boys.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
It is my understanding that pitching decisions are made by Hall not always Howell. As far as Prince goes, he did want to step away and I did see an announcement about that. He's been at Tech forever, started his own hat/brand, you can find it on instagram. He has always beaten to his own drum, a free spirit so this is a great move for him. Nickeas was a natural fit, great rapport with the guys as well as Patterson. Prince seemed to have a good relationship with coaches and players but looks like it may be a good fit for all. Nickeas seems to be more of a thinking man's baseball coach so will be excited to see how he progresses with the team. Looking forward to getting out there in the fall and seeing how things shape up with the newbies. I get over to practice 2-3 times during the fall season, while it can be a little boring, good to check out the dynamics.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is my understanding that pitching decisions are made by Hall not always Howell.

Great! So, I am going to have to wait for Hall to leave to see any marked improvement in GT pitching, which has bene steadily getting worse for I don't want to look at how many years now.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Niskeas had 4 years in the Big Leagues, and is very knowledgeable.
You are right, I heard an agent at a game last year say that Nickeas was a very smart coach given his catching experience and should be an asset to the pitchers. Perhaps in this expanded role he can now explore that with the pitchers.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Are we allowed to have another coach? Maybe they are talking about Nickeas helping out with pitching.
They might use the role that Patterson held this past year to bring someone in. I think Patterson was something like Volunteer Assistant Trainer so he was able to help coach. Also, Tyler Gibson has been a Grad Asst Coach the past couple of years--maybe he is finished up and someone is coming in to that spot. I haven't heard anything about this though.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
They might use the role that Patterson held this past year to bring someone in. I think Patterson was something like Volunteer Assistant Trainer so he was able to help coach. Also, Tyler Gibson has been a Grad Asst Coach the past couple of years--maybe he is finished up and someone is coming in to that spot. I haven't heard anything about this though.
Wasn't Gibson IN/OF? That may be but given the challenges they have had with pitching, I would think it's a pitcher or like @65Jacket said Nickeas (from a catcher viewpoint) helping out but I heard a new person as an assistant. But my info is 2-3 times removed but has been good in the past.