Coaching Staff Given Extentions thru 2025

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Screenshot_20220504-202016.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
My guess would be Clemson or South Carolina comes for Ramsey. Florida State would be the obvious suitor but Martin will there until he dies. He signed an extension but there is definitely an opt out or a buy out.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
My guess would be Clemson or South Carolina comes for Ramsey. Florida State would be the obvious suitor but Martin will there until he dies. He signed an extension but there is definitely an opt out or a buy out.
I could see Clemson firing Lee, he has really been a step down from Leggett. SCAR hasn't seemed to find a guy who could match Tanner.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
One other thing. How many of these other top programs that CDH has competed against work with a budget as low as he has had? My guess is very few. Only recently have the purse strings been loosened somewhat , and name me any hall of famer that doesn’t have longevity in their favor. I think it’s great that we at least have some passionate fans here regardless of opinions. Support the guys , and Go Jackets!
He has a nice budget. The baseball program is well funded by private donors. Again, no excuses for how underperforming the baseball program is. Danny Hall and the Pitching coach do a bad job yet get extensions. Only at GT

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Don't bother - he ain't worth responding to...he has zero credibility with baseless comments like that...
Oh really? In what way has Danny Hall not underperformed? Take a look at the last 10 years. Our NCAA runs which is what actually matters has been ABYSMAL

ScGold

Banned
I’m not labeling anyone. I voiced my opinion. I am not happy that we have not advanced , especially as home national seeds, but I try and see the overall product. The best team doesn’t always win, last years Braves team is a good example of that, and some of the 90’s Braves teams are examples the other way. As they say “that’s baseball” and that’s why it’s the greatest sport. CDH has us in the mix most every year, and that says a lot. He has my utmost respect and support until he steps down, and I hope we can say the same for the next man up, but it’s not a given that we will. Go Jackets!
The only mix he has tech in is that they are a guaranteed disappointment and flame out in the postseason. We have seen his best and it comes up short. ADStan is a weak man. Sad day for tech baseball.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
He has a nice budget. The baseball program is well funded by private donors. Again, no excuses for how underperforming the baseball program is. Danny Hall and the Pitching coach do a bad job yet get extensions. Only at GT
I disagree on the budget. The facilities were way behind until the recent upgrades and that’s a fact. Private donors can only do so much. Recruits had to be greatly disappointed when they visited and compared ours to others, even with the upgrades, we still are behind a fair number of schools in some respects. And that goes for all sports. Go Jackets!

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I could see Clemson firing Lee, he has really been a step down from Leggett. SCAR hasn't seemed to find a guy who could match Tanner.

You mean Clemson, a school that fired their coach because 'NCAA runs are what actually matters', has found that the guy they replaced him with can't even make the NCAA tournament and now they want to fire the replacement guy a couple years later? Interesting. Wonder if there's a lesson here. :unsure:

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What an entitled, bratty, :clown: fan base.
There has been one glaring improvement over the last 16 years that I have been a season ticket holder. The remarkable improvement of our plate discipline and acumen over the last 4 years has been fun to watch. I attribute that to our new Assistant Head Coach. If we do anything to lose him, they might lose me. I guess I'm a brat. Keep throwing the names at me.

ScGold

Banned
I disagree on the budget. The facilities were way behind until the recent upgrades and that’s a fact. Private donors can only do so much. Recruits had to be greatly disappointed when they visited and compared ours to others, even with the upgrades, we still are behind a fair number of schools in some respects. And that goes for all sports. Go Jackets!
I love Tex dearly, a great ambassador for the Institute, but he has held tech hostage for a long while. He has given A LOT of money to the program as long as danny was head man. As far as upgrades go, why add anything? The stadium isn't getting any where near filling up? FSU, ugag, KSU, GSU those schools help the home attendance greatly when they visit bringing their fans. The practice facilities are actually nice. They've invested in the pitching development with the same equipment vandy has. Recruiting has never been a problem. Kids know when they come to Tech the chances of going pro are better than avg. The chance to go pro is the kicker.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Recruiting has stepped up to a whole different level, Hall has gotten major investments into facilities, and hired two highly desirable coaches.

To me, he is clearly trying to shake things up. I think an extension is just fine, though I do worry about losing Ramsey.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
There has been one glaring improvement over the last 16 years that I have been a season ticket holder. The remarkable improvement of our plate discipline and acumen over the last 4 years has been fun to watch. I attribute that to our new Assistant Head Coach. If we do anything to lose him, they might lose me. I guess I'm a brat. Keep throwing the names at me.

I only went to Tech for grad school. Where I went to undergrad, whose baseball program I also follow, would kill have the kind of success GT has had under Danny Hall the last 16 years as would hundreds of other schools that play NCAA Division 1 baseball. So from where I sit brat is an appropriate description and I'll happily continue to refer to you as such since you seem cool with it. :)

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I love Tex dearly, a great ambassador for the Institute, but he has held tech hostage for a long while. He has given A LOT of money to the program as long as danny was head man. As far as upgrades go, why add anything? The stadium isn't getting any where near filling up? FSU, ugag, KSU, GSU those schools help the home attendance greatly when they visit bringing their fans. The practice facilities are actually nice. They've invested in the pitching development with the same equipment vandy has. Recruiting has never been a problem. Kids know when they come to Tech the chances of going pro are better than avg. The chance to go pro is the kicker.
Lack of baseball only weight rooms, nutrition rooms, huge “hangout” room with tv, pool/ping pong tables, those type things that several D2 teams even have that we didn’t have.I’m not talking stadiums specifically, and yes, attendance is disappointing. We have the pitching lab and hitting lanes now, but for several years we didn’t. I think most people would agree that we are at a disadvantage budget wise vs a lot of teams that we recruit against, and ugag for sure

Squints

Helluva Engineer

For clarity's sake I understand the frustration about the post-season. I truly do. I'm a big Yankee fan so I'm not a stranger to disappointing endings in the last 10+ years. What I'm taking issue with is the attitude that this minor extension which, if we're being real, should barely move the needle being treated as some sort of disaster or example of 'rot' in the program. It's a standard two year extension for recruiting! Who gives a ****?

I think it's a hilarious overreaction but unfortunately not unexpected from some parts of the fanbase who have hyperfixated on the head coach being fired for years.

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
No easier program to be a coach at in the 3 major sports than GT. Our fanbase doesn’t demand winning at all. 🤦‍♂️
This is a curious thing. I'm serious. How does one "demand winning"? What control does the fanbase (in general) have. I understand there is likely a relatively small coalition of "influential" folks who can move the needle. I'm not that. Not close. I'm just an idiot living in Virginia. I wear GT gear every 3rd day or so. I go to GT games within a day's drive when it is convenient... sometimes it takes some convincing for my family to understand how "convenient" it is. I travel to Atlanta no more than 1-2 times a year (usually for football). I pay close attention to the GT sports that I find fulfilling. That happens to be baseball, football, basketball (in that order... with baseball far and away #1).

I can't demand winning anymore than I can be complicit in losing. Should I find more to complain about? Will that generate a change toward more winning? Or is just WANTING to win REALLY REALLY bad what it takes. I'm definitely there. I don't take credit when GT does well. I'm not losing any sleep over it being my fault when the team loses.