Coaching Staff Given Extentions thru 2025

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Thought for sure he’d walk away with Colin.

If we end up losing Ramsey before this extension ends it’s going to be devastating. Wonder what “associate HC” even means contractually.

Also curious how much we’re on the hook for with Borrell as he hasn’t exactly shown much in terms of on-field results. Not that I am ready to give up on him, but extending a guy for what we’ve seen leaves a bad taste.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
My biggest fear with Ramsey is Mike Martin Jr getting canned at FSU. Ramsey would have to be at the top of the list.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow. Thought for sure he’d walk away with Colin.

If we end up losing Ramsey before this extension ends it’s going to be devastating. Wonder what “associate HC” even means contractually.

Also curious how much we’re on the hook for with Borrell as he hasn’t exactly shown much in terms of on-field results. Not that I am ready to give up on him, but extending a guy for what we’ve seen leaves a bad taste.
To be fair, that's not excessively long extension in the world of college sports. He may plan on retiring anyway, even with the extension (still helps with recruiting for one).
Also, he may think next year is 'the year' with the development of the younger pitchers.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of negativity, and I expected some. I am surprised that CDH isn’t leaving with Colin myself, but the grass is not always greener on the other side guys. CDH is all class and a great ambassador for the Institution. Oh yea, he is also a damn good baseball man. Just my opinion, Go Jackets!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
A lot of negativity, and I expected some. I am surprised that CDH isn’t leaving with Colin myself, but the grass is not always greener on the other side guys. CDH is all class and a great ambassador for the Institution. Oh yea, he is also a damn good baseball man. Just my opinion, Go Jackets!
I wouldn't say there's "a lot" of negativity. The trolls do like to poke their heads out. But your exactly right. Hall's here as long as he wants to be...deservedly so. You nailed the reasons why.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we are in a bit of a rock and a hard place. Hall is a Hall of Fame coach who has earned the right to go out on his own terms. The flip side is the team has not made a Super since 2006, including two regional exits as a national seed, and having only 3 trips to Omaha is a bit disappointing when you look at his other accomplishments.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
0-10 recent NCAA Tournament advancements. But we are going to the NCAAs most years. The reader can decide what they are satisfied with that given the recruited talent.

This Wiki list doesn't show 2021 where we lost twice to @Vandy.

1651698075381.png

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not labeling anyone. I voiced my opinion. I am not happy that we have not advanced , especially as home national seeds, but I try and see the overall product. The best team doesn’t always win, last years Braves team is a good example of that, and some of the 90’s Braves teams are examples the other way. As they say “that’s baseball” and that’s why it’s the greatest sport. CDH has us in the mix most every year, and that says a lot. He has my utmost respect and support until he steps down, and I hope we can say the same for the next man up, but it’s not a given that we will. Go Jackets!

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we can look at Clemson as a cautionary tale. Jack Leggett was hired in 1994. He made 6 trips to Omaha and never missed the NCAA Tournament. He was fired in 2014 and Monte Lee has never gotten out of a regional.

But then you look at guys like Brian O'Conner at UVA or Tim Corben at Vandy, guys that took over awful programs and have had more trips to Omaha in their shorter tenures than Hall has.

Mike Fox at UNC had 7 trips to Omaha from 1999 to 2020.

I think I'm just disappointed in how much we have struggled in the NCAA tournament.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, let's kick a Hall of Fame coach to the curb. It's worked out great for football so far.
Only hall of fame because he’s been here for 100 years. The most underachieve coach in all of college baseball. But GT just simply does not care sadly

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Only hall of fame because he’s been here for 100 years. The most underachieve coach in all of college baseball. But GT just simply does not care sadly
Yep, he consistently gets us to the postseason, has won us a lot of ACC championships and baseball games, but he is the most underachieving coach in all of college baseball.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Yep, he consistently gets us to the postseason, has won us a lot of ACC championships and baseball games, but he is the most underachieving coach in all of college baseball.
Yes, yes he is. Give me a breakdown of our run in the NCAA tournament please

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yes, yes he is. Give me a breakdown of our run in the NCAA tournament please
You mean the fact that it's the only sport at Tech right now where we can expect to make the postseason every year or the fact that he's taken us to Omaha 3 times which is something no other coach has done at Tech.

Yeah, I'd like more postseason success, but right now Tech baseball is the only sport out of the big 3 where we have been consistently relevant. And a lot of that credit has to go to the man in charge.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
One other thing. How many of these other top programs that CDH has competed against work with a budget as low as he has had? My guess is very few. Only recently have the purse strings been loosened somewhat , and name me any hall of famer that doesn’t have longevity in their favor. I think it’s great that we at least have some passionate fans here regardless of opinions. Support the guys , and Go Jackets!