Coaching staff contracts

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Randy Shannon will be available this year, but he's had so many run-ins with the NCAA that I don't know how much Tech will consider him. Bob Diaco will likely be available after Nebraska cleans house, and depending on what Texas A&M does John Chavis may be available as well. I'm sure there are others available, but I'm just throwing out the big names.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Since a lot of people don't want CPJ gone you are going to be stuck with the same thing. A QB that should be a Ab and the best QB standing on the sideline. One of the worst online coaches in the country but it's ok he's a good friend. Players dancing on the field yesterday while getting their asses handed to them. I have been a Tech fan longer than most of you have been born this S--- is getting old . GT needs to step up and hire a younger coach someone like a Chad Morris and a D.C. Like say Randy Shannon . GT got beat by the worst team in the acc and it's not gonna get any better . IT iS TIME FOR A CHANGE !
Why are players dancing on the sidelines while getting their *** beat? I saw this in another game earlier in the year. They were also dancing in the huddle on O when we got the ball back at the end of the third quarter down 14. That tells me there is a disconnect with the players and coaches. I played on 2 state and national championships in high school and if we did **** like the above, we would have been thrown off the team or suspended for a few games.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Why are players dancing on the sidelines while getting their *** beat? I saw this in another game earlier in the year. They were also dancing in the huddle on O when we got the ball back at the end of the third quarter down 14. That tells me there is a disconnect with the players and coaches. I played on 2 state and national championships in high school and if we did **** like the above, we would have been thrown off the team or suspended for a few games.
If players are joking and playing while the team is getting their arses beaten in my opinion they need to find another team to play on!:mad::banghead:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I can understand dancing in the huddle, that type of stuff gets kids hyped up which we desperately needed against Duke.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for posting, I clearly missed that article. I would guess this means we aren't going to let Teddy walk after this year, but who knows. $800,000 is a lot to invest in a coach. If Charles Kelly gets fired that would put Roof behind only Venables, Sirmon, and Foster next season in the conference for salary. I'm not sure he's in that tier, but there's other threads for that.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Yeah. I hate it when our players aren't as grumpy as our fans.... </sarcasm>