Coaching staff contracts

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know when contracts are up? I think CPJ signed an extension recently? And I thought I saw that this was Roofs last year on contract? It will be interesting to see what happens on D if Roofs contract is up. Will we resign him or someone else? I could be wrong and he might be under contract longer.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
CPJ isn't going anywhere and the defense has carried us most the year. Doesn't take away from the fact this was the most embarrassing ****show of a an attempt at playing football I may have seen in CPJ's tenure but 1 game shouldn't mean Roof get's fired. This team is mentally weak and has been for most the year. About time they got their asses handed to them. Maybe it'll wake them up for next week.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
CPJ isn't going anywhere and the defense has carried us most the year. Doesn't take away from the fact this was the most embarrassing ****show of a an attempt at playing football I may have seen in CPJ's tenure but 1 game shouldn't mean Roof get's fired. This team is mentally weak and has been for most the year. About time they got their asses handed to them. Maybe it'll wake them up for next week.
I'm not saying Roof is getting fired, I'm just asking what does his and even the rest of the coaching staffs contracts end? I want to keep CPJ for what it's worth.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know when contracts are up? I think CPJ signed an extension recently? And I thought I saw that this was Roofs last year on contract? It will be interesting to see what happens on D if Roofs contract is up. Will we resign him or someone else? I could be wrong and he might be under contract longer.
Roof was recently given a small raise and a contract extension that takes him through 2019.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Since a lot of people don't want CPJ gone you are going to be stuck with the same thing. A QB that should be a Ab and the best QB standing on the sideline. One of the worst online coaches in the country but it's ok he's a good friend. Players dancing on the field yesterday while getting their asses handed to them. I have been a Tech fan longer than most of you have been born this S--- is getting old . GT needs to step up and hire a younger coach someone like a Chad Morris and a D.C. Like say Randy Shannon . GT got beat by the worst team in the acc and it's not gonna get any better . IT iS TIME FOR A CHANGE !

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Roof was recently given a small raise and a contract extension that takes him through 2019.
Since a lot of people don't want CPJ gone you are going to be stuck with the same thing. A QB that should be a Ab and the best QB standing on the sideline. One of the worst online coaches in the country but it's ok he's a good friend. Players dancing on the field yesterday while getting their asses handed to them. I have been a Tech fan longer than most of you have been born this S--- is getting old . GT needs to step up and hire a younger coach someone like a Chad Morris and a D.C. Like say Randy Shannon . GT got beat by the worst team in the acc and it's not gonna get any better . IT iS TIME FOR A CHANGE !
O, great. U made some good points but then said it's time for a change!!! Oh no here come whisky, Augusta, skeptic to give their artificial intelligence written reply - we aren't Alabama, how dare you compromise the academics, give more. Tic tic..

stech81

Helluva Engineer
O, great. U made some good points but then said it's time for a change!!! Oh no here come whisky, Augusta, skeptic to give their artificial intelligence written reply - we aren't Alabama, how dare you compromise the academics, give more. Tic tic..
Well you can add me to that list I don't want to see a change at this time. I respect everyone's opinion and I understand those who want a change but unless someone can show me that a change will be better if other things don't change I don't see it. This game pissed me off to the highest point of positivity but at this time I also blame the players. Not sure where their head was but it was not in the game. ( I just don't see their ( Duke) players being that much better.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I remember the last major contract that Coach received in 14. NAVY had the graphs that showed we were doing ok over his tenure and the end of year showed a major up tick. I had my doubts and wanted to wait for ND but I supported the decesion. The run to orange bowl victory initially made the decision look brilliant. .
The decision and contract should be honored. It was cemented with me when coach honored J Ratliff s scholarship .

After the recruiting improved in ga and near states due to roof, roofs and coaches contract are pretty closely linked by end date.
I support letting the contract go to term as we will (I think) be in better financial shape by then and it will give coach a chance to adjust his scheme (defeat defenses) and coaching methods ( start yelling at ast coaches instead of players).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="stech81, post: 367968, member: 1687This game pissed me off to the highest point of positivity but at this time I also blame the players. Not sure where their head was but it was not in the game. ( I just don't see their ( Duke) players being that much better.[/QUOTE]
While I agree with most of what you said, I do think it is the coaching staff’s job to get the team ready to play. I think the responsibility is shared at the least.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="stech81, post: 367968, member: 1687This game pissed me off to the highest point of positivity but at this time I also blame the players. Not sure where their head was but it was not in the game. ( I just don't see their ( Duke) players being that much better.
While I agree with most of what you said, I do think it is the coaching staff’s job to get the team ready to play. I think the responsibility is shared at the least.[/QUOTE]
I agree

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Roof signed a new 3 year contract after the 2014 season at $750,000 a year expiring after the 2017 season. Paul Johnson signed a 4 year extension after the 2014 season making his contract through 2020 at just over $3million a year. $3million buyout currently and it drops $1million next year etc.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have been on roof in previous years. Coach and he have made the d fun to watch.

His improved aggressive defense ( at coaches behest), his good recruiting, and and his legacy status earn him an extension w a less than crazy buy out clause?

Jmonty71

Banned
I find Roof's style to be lethargic and with little to no emotion. No one if firing the D up. They look timid and shy, half the time. The D looks unprepared, especially in hurry up situations. This is all a lack of coaching. Roof may be a half way decent recruiter. But, his system is really outdated. He runs a read and react style defense. If we had a ton of 4 star recruits with speed, It would work. However; we don't. Therefore; the defense should be more in an attacking mode. Far too often the defense is the nail and not the hammer.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Nothing against Roof, but if his contract is up at the end of the season I hope we go after Chad Glasgow. He runs a 4-2-5 just more exotic and changes things up more. He's also learned under Garry Patterson. I don't know his contract with TCU, but I think 750,000 would be a nice upgrade for him. It would just be icing on the cake if we could keep Roof as a recruiter.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing against Roof, but if his contract is up at the end of the season I hope we go after Chad Glasgow. He runs a 4-2-5 just more exotic and changes things up more. He's also learned under Garry Patterson. I don't know his contract with TCU, but I think 750,000 would be a nice upgrade for him. It would just be icing on the cake if we could keep Roof as a recruiter.
Randy Shannon for D.C. And I agree with you CTR RC .