Coaching Search- Timeline

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
kinda off topic I guess but has anyone heard from Woody ? I would think some reporter somewhere would have contacted him to see how he is looking at losing his HC after his first year and more to the point who does he think will come in (not that he would say)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We actually have quite a few guys who played Tight End in high school. Josh Tukes comes to mind. I think also Kevin Wolf, Luke Johns...all those guys are big frames and like 6'5"+.
I had chance to meet a few of these guys . They are not bulked up like a offensive tackle so they could be shaped more like blocking tight ends. Wonder if sisk can find the mold for blocking tight end.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Johnson was hired Dec 7th after gailey was fired in late november
Gailey was late december after O'leary left around the 10th. (29th maybe)
O'leary was Dc then interim then HC.
Lewis was jan 6 after ross resigned on the 31st?

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
out of curiosity, does anyone remember the time frame before we hired Lewis, O’Leary, Gailey and Johnson?

Just curious.

Bobby Ross and a national championship. He brought us out of the ruins that Curry left. Curry’s players did not like Ross’s discipline.

Curry learning how to coach and having one great year followed by a middling one and leaving for Alabama. Our worst years were under Curry. Talk of moving athletics to D3. I sat through those. Never again.

Pepper leading us out of the graveyard but giving up at the end. We went to the Peach Bowl and got killed the year before Curry was hired.

Curry and Pepper Rogers were both Tech legends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Bobby Ross and a national championship.

Curry learning how to coach and having one great year followed by a middling one and leaving for Alabama

Pepper leading us out of the graveyard but giving up at the end. We went to the Peach Bowl and got killed the year before Curry was hired.

Curry and Pepper Rogers were both Tech legends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GT should have hired Steve Spurrier in December 1979 instead of Bill Curry. Steve Spurrier(Who had been on Pepper Rodgers coaching staff in 1979) wanted the GT head coaching job badly and would have been around for 10 years until Florida came calling in December 1989.

Scubapro

Banned
I remember Ross being hired and I didnt like him. He wasn’t the Tech poster boy like Curry. But I was in highschool and didn’t know what I was looking at
I thought Lewis would be good but I found it strange his O coordinator didn’t come along...now we know
I liked Jorge but his teams were incomplete without Fridge
My first reaction to hearing about Gomer was “who is that?”
I liked the Paul Johnson hire He had rebuilt a program, Navy, and I thought he would have residual good will with the highschool coaches in Georgia from his time at Southern...little did he realize the highschools are only friends when you don’t threaten damutts
Our next coach MUST have sine sort if name recognition either personaly or thru a school
We can’t go with a retread like Wisenhunt or a another option guy
Time to forge a new identity