Coaching Carousel

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
In 6 yrs PJ will be ready to retire and Monk will be waiting.
He may be waiting but we will be totally laughed off the face of the earth if we hire someone still running the TO. It would be a kiss of death.

And to those saying "but we have recruited players to run the system", I would say the players recruited before CPJ were recruited for another system.

It is all about the coaching.

I am sorry, but I see next year as very bad if we hold true to form. It may depend on if CPJ is willing to make staff changes after the bowl.

I see us, until proven differently, having trouble with the same teams we have for the last 5 years. And next year I think we lose to either unc or puke (simply because you can not beat someone forever).

Hope he can turn it around (that means a UGa win plus 8 or 9 others) but will believe it when I see it.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
TheSilasSonRising: I agree, Monken will never be at Tech at any position. He is history here, and so is Paul Johnson if he does not win the bowl game and win big at Tech next year.

Texas Coach: Some have been predicting that Charlie Strong will be the next Texas coach. I did not buy into that until tonight. He has a terrific defensive team, and it must be his influence on the defense. Everyone knows that championships are won through good defenses. Strong just might become the next coach at Texas. He either knows offense also, or he knows a good offensive coach when he hires one.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Strong is not going anywhere unless he goes to the NFL. If Miami ever comes open he may get that job and it might if O'Brien goes to the NFL because Penn State will go get Al Golden and Miami will either go after James Franklin or Charlie Strong. Louisville's AD is taking good care of Charlie and since they are joining the ACC, Miami may not pursue strong just out of conference courtesy.

Go Jackets!

Strong is not going anywhere unless he goes to the NFL. If Miami ever comes open he may get that job and it might if O'Brien goes to the NFL because Penn State will go get Al Golden and Miami will either go after James Franklin or Charlie Strong. Louisville's AD is taking good care of Charlie and since they are joining the ACC, Miami may not pursue strong just out of conference courtesy.

Go Jackets!

It is all about money!

Miami has Golden at about $1.7MM per year or about one million LESS than CPJ makes, Strong is already at $3.8 and will be slightly over $4.0MM by next year with annual bumps and bonuses for Bowl Games and stuff like that, no way would Miami ever be able to afford either Strong or Franklin ($2.7MM per yr. at Vandy).

Miami is notoriously cheap when it comes to paying HCs.

Miami will get a guy that is a coordinator at the BCS level or a HC at a lower D1-A school and try to get him in at under $2.0MM per year.

Golden just might stay at Miami a little longer since he has a great Recruiting class coming in, then if he can get Miami to the 10-12 win plateau, then he'll go after a big money SEC job that will come open in the next 4-5 years.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
Will wonders ever cease or should I say will retread hiring ever cease.................Brian Van Gorder is being reported as Notre Dame's next DC. SMH

no kidding! friggin' "uncle rico" was a one-man wrecking crew as HC at southern. i swear he must have a flash drive of dirty pics of ADs across the nation.

Ai9uGqvCMAAXds2.jpg:large

Is it just me, or are there a lot more coaches getting their walking papers this year?

When the pay increases to ridiculous levels, then those that are signing those paychecks are expecting more bang for their buck, when they don't get that then they send guys walking.

Very few schools keep around high-paid under performers, well I know of one, but I won't mention which school it is.

He may be waiting but we will be totally laughed off the face of the earth if we hire someone still running the TO. It would be a kiss of death.

And to those saying "but we have recruited players to run the system", I would say the players recruited before CPJ were recruited for another system.

It is all about the coaching.

I am sorry, but I see next year as very bad if we hold true to form. It may depend on if CPJ is willing to make staff changes after the bowl.

I see us, until proven differently, having trouble with the same teams we have for the last 5 years. And next year I think we lose to either unc or puke (simply because you can not beat someone forever).

Hope he can turn it around (that means a UGa win plus 8 or 9 others) but will believe it when I see it.
I also feel that next year, and the next year, and the one after that will be poor for Tech fans. Our recruiting is getting lamer and lamer with each passing class. The future is not bright and it starts (or more accurately, continues) this afternoon unfortunately.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
At first, the teams we play the most (ACC) were not accustomed to playing against the option. Now, they have figured out how to make it inneffective. The remaining good teams outside the conference have the material that can stop the option. We have been heading downhill since the second season of the option. It is only going to get worse each year. Paul Johnson claims he has used the run and shoot at Hawaii. Unless he changes to that system or is fired, we have little hope of being any better than mediocre at best.

boozinbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
looks like AJC is saying bobo is to interview for GA southern coaching vacancy. not only NO, but HELL NO!
Not going to happen. I read somewhere that Monken was making in the low 200k's at GSU and Bobo is making close to 600k at UGA. That would be a heck of a pay cut.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Schiano would be a good fit for Penn State. Sometimes a college coach will not do as well in the pros because the wealthy athletes must be handled a little different than the college kids. Schiano did well in college and built up a smaller program. I believe the people at Penn State would take to Schiano very well.