Coaching Carousel

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt Monken ever returns to Tech. I doubt if he would ever be in demand at Tech by those who foot the big bills. Personally, I would not prefer him over many other potential coaches.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Off topic, but I always think it's funny when PJ is asked about defensive improvement this year, he always responds with "they don't have to think as much they just go out there and fly around..." When his offense consists of thinking about 20 things at the same time. Sometimes I wonder how good we would be if we had a more simplified offense like Auburn or Oregon....

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Congrats to Coach Monken. Wish him a lot of success at Army. Definitely tuning into Army vs. Navy next season. :)

Off topic, but I always think it's funny when PJ is asked about defensive improvement this year, he always responds with "they don't have to think as much they just go out there and fly around..." When his offense consists of thinking about 20 things at the same time. Sometimes I wonder how good we would be if we had a more simplified offense like Auburn or Oregon....
Hmm, interesting point Sean. Not sure about Auburn because I just haven't watched them enough but what makes you say that what Oregon does is simplified?

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
ESPN just reported that Bill O'Brien is the leading candidate for the Houston Texans coaching vacancy. If he bolts to the NFL I wonder who takes his spot at Penn St.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
ESPN just reported that Bill O'Brien is the leading candidate for the Houston Texans coaching vacancy. If he bolts to the NFL I wonder who takes his spot at Penn St.

Read Munchak (sp?) from the Titans and Schiano have expressed interest should O'Brien leave.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Read Munchak (sp?) from the Titans and Schiano have expressed interest should O'Brien leave.

I don't see Munchak leaving the Titans unless he fired. Schiano in on shaky ground at Tampa and it wouldn't surprise me if he is fired Monday. His name would definitely be in the mix if O'Brien leaves for the HFL

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Charlie's building himself quite the program at Louisville and there is a lot of money there. With Louisville coming into the ACC next year he's sitting in a very nice situation.

Indeed. They love him there and thats one of the best run athletic depts in the country.