Coaching Carousel 9 - People die climbing mountains

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Tired of the lebron circus, or is this another example of him getting rid of a coach?

IMO more likely SMU trying to throw its money around when making a jump in conferences combined with Enfield seeing the writing on the wall at USC. He has been pretty good but also been there 11 years without any real outstanding success. Eventually a finishing 2nd or 3rd in conference and getting bounced the first week end of the tournament will get fans restless. Might have been advised to look for a good deal if he could land one by the AD.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
IMO more likely SMU trying to throw its money around when making a jump in conferences combined with Enfield seeing the writing on the wall at USC. He has been pretty good but also been there 11 years without any real outstanding success. Eventually a finishing 2nd or 3rd in conference and getting bounced the first week end of the tournament will get fans restless. Might have been advised to look for a good deal if he could land one by the AD.
Man has it been that long since the FGCU tournament run. I'm starting to get old.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One of the hottest coaching prospects out there decided Saint Louis was a better career step then Louisville.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
One of the hottest coaching prospects out there decided Saint Louis was a better career step then Louisville.

Leaked audio of the negotiations...

Lville: Listen, we take care of our coaches. Talk to Pitino, you get all the hookers 'n blow you want.

Schertz ...
Animation Love GIF by Astrid_S

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One story i've seen is that Schertz had already signed a memorandum of understanding with St. Louis (before L'ville came calling). It would cost $700K to break it and UL didn't want to pay it.

There was also a twitter post by Matt Jones a couple of days ago where he posted that UL's radio guy said that Dusty May got death threats from UL fans (I assume after he took the Mich job) and that is why he (Schertz) didn't take the job.

I will say that I think fandom in this country has gotten way out of hand. It is just games and no one has a right to harass or be uncivil towards others because of an action they took or did not take.
J B Bickerstaff said that last year he got death threats from gamblers who got his personal email and phone # when one of his players did not take an open three at the end of a game. (point spread was 11 and Cleveland was up by 10).
Tyrese Haliburton has said recently he has been seeing a sports psychologist to deal with the fact that alot of people who respond to his social media are just talking about gambling.
"To half the world, I’m just helping them make money on DraftKings or whatever … I’m the prop, you know what I mean? That’s what my social media mostly consists of.”

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
One story i've seen is that Schertz had already signed a memorandum of understanding with St. Louis (before L'ville came calling). It would cost $700K to break it and UL didn't want to pay it.

There was also a twitter post by Matt Jones a couple of days ago where he posted that UL's radio guy said that Dusty May got death threats from UL fans (I assume after he took the Mich job) and that is why he (Schertz) didn't take the job.

I will say that I think fandom in this country has gotten way out of hand. It is just games and no one has a right to harass or be uncivil towards others because of an action they took or did not take.
J B Bickerstaff said that last year he got death threats from gamblers who got his personal email and phone # when one of his players did not take an open three at the end of a game. (point spread was 11 and Cleveland was up by 10).
Tyrese Haliburton has said recently he has been seeing a sports psychologist to deal with the fact that alot of people who respond to his social media are just talking about gambling.
"To half the world, I’m just helping them make money on DraftKings or whatever … I’m the prop, you know what I mean? That’s what my social media mostly consists of.”

The marriage between sports and gambling is not going to end well, I'm afraid.

There are a myriad of reasons the two were kept separate.