Coaching Carousel 9 - People die climbing mountains

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Its not for everyone thats for sure. Winter is pretty brutal though this last one was pretty ok.
All the years I was in Maine we had one winter that wasn’t brutal. By “wasn’t brutal” I mean the snow fall on Easter morning was less than 3 inches.

But Maine is beautiful and a hell of a lot better than Florida. 🤣

slugboy

Staff member
Headed to Maine a month from Monday! Super excited though admittedly a little bummed Precipice in Acadia is more than likely going to be closed for Peregrine Falcon season. Done it several times before but was hoping to introduce it to my partner - this will be her first time visiting Acadia.

Aww, I’ve seen a few Peregrine falcons in the wild, and they’re a treat

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Headed to Maine a month from Monday! Super excited though admittedly a little bummed Precipice in Acadia is more than likely going to be closed for Peregrine Falcon season. Done it several times before but was hoping to introduce it to my partner - this will be her first time visiting Acadia.
Love Acadia & it's about the only dog friendly national park in the US. Canada is so much more dog friendly, all their national parks allow dogs on the trails.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We're a bit behind you. We leave in three weeks for a month in Maine and Martha's Vineyard,

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Love Acadia & it's about the only dog friendly national park in the US. Canada is so much more dog friendly, all their national parks allow dogs on the trails.
I went kayaking with my partner in a state park over Memorial Day weekend and I was so stunned state law did not permit her dog to be in the kayak with her! We had to rent a canoe instead. Total news to me situation.

We're a bit behind you. We leave in three weeks for a month in Maine and Martha's Vineyard,
Sounds like you will be overlapping if you're heading there for the month of July unless you'll be in MV that week. You, me, and @Peacone36 to bar hop around Bar Harbor? 🤣

A truly unique place. One of my teenage Maine memories is going to a dive bar in Bucksport in the fall to watch a Patriots game. This small business encouraged patrons to bring their own food in for a potluck so the lone employee would not have to utilize the kitchen. Every time the Patriots scored, she would sprint behind the projector television and blare the Bruins goal horn through speakers and then play a (probably pirated) version of Zombie Nation and Rock and Roll Pt. 2 by Gary Glitter. Built different for sure.

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I went kayaking with my partner in a state park over Memorial Day weekend and I was so stunned state law did not permit her dog to be in the kayak with her! We had to rent a canoe instead. Total news to me situation.

Sounds like you will be overlapping if you're heading there for the month of July unless you'll be in MV that week. You, me, and @Peacone36 to bar hop around Bar Harbor? :ROFLMAO:
I will be in Belfast and Brunswick before heading to MV.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Have a great time. I’m envious. Be sure to spend some time on Nantucket and the Cape when you’re on Martha’s Vineyard.
Our guy Drew Burress is also playing for the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox this summer in the Cape Cod Baseball League - although I never spent time at Cape Cod growing up, I know the CCBL is a time-honored tradition and is worth going to watch him play since you'll be in the area.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lived in driving distance of Acadia for a while. It’s one of this country’s special places.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow

He’ll keep winning in Storrs, CT until the NY Knicks HC job becomes available. Why anyone in their right mind would want to work for an arse like Dolan is beyond me. But that’s what he wants, so the NY Sports Press guys are all saying.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
He’ll keep winning in Storrs, CT until the NY Knicks HC job becomes available. Why anyone in their right mind would want to work for an arse like Dolan is beyond me. But that’s what he wants, so the NY Sports Press guys are all saying.
The Knicks were surprisingly good this year. Less interference and meddling by Dolan I guess. I expect them to trade for Towns (or another player) given the plethora of draft picks they have.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
Why not take a 6 year $70 million gig and then retire? Better yet, perform horribly and get fired ASAP and collect the balance from the beach.