Coaching Carousel 8 - Teamwork means never taking all the blame yourself

slugboy

Staff member
A mistake for who?

I'd say Cooley's would be a mistake for him.

Pitino makes sense as a last stop for him, but I think he'll find their infrastructure lacking.
My guess? At Pitino’s age, I think he’s in a “win now” situation. I thought there was interest from Texas and from Texas Tech—I think he’d have won right away at either, and wow would he have been taken care of in Austin. It seems like he could have gotten a better spot.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don’t follow basketball all that closely. Why are these a mistake? They make sense on the surface.
I agree with you. Pitino to SJU is good for them and satisfies his desire to return to a P6 job. I don't have much either way on Cooley, but Georgetown is probably a bit higher on the totem pole.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
A mistake for who?

I'd say Cooley's would be a mistake for him.

Pitino makes sense as a last stop for him, but I think he'll find their infrastructure lacking.
Cooley to GTown is an absolute mistake. We agree I assume. Pitino is a Blue Blood school coach playing the game and playing it well. Iona is brilliant. I think Cal takes Texas and Pitino takes BBN if anything.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cooley to GTown is an absolute mistake. We agree I assume. Pitino is a Blue Blood school coach playing the game and playing it well. Iona is brilliant. I think Cal takes Texas and Pitino takes BBN if anything.
I don't understand why Cooley would want that change, but how is Georgetown different from Providence? Why would it be a mistake?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't understand why Cooley would want that change, but how is Georgetown different from Providence? Why would it be a mistake?

Coaching changes twitter suggesting Cooley using GTown to get more money from providence.

I have the same questions re. gtown vs providence.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Coaching changes twitter suggesting Cooley using GTown to get more money from providence.

I have the same questions re. gtown vs providence.
I've seen Cooley isn't trying to get more money for himself, but for NIL, where they're apparently lacking.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Kevin Keatts??? Seriously? He was on every hot seat list o start the year. Can’t see how one good run in mediocre ACC would put him on anyone’s list

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kevin Keatts??? Seriously? He was on every hot seat list o start the year. Can’t see how one good run in mediocre ACC would put him on anyone’s list

Hey, don't knock the hustle. He may be on the Frank Haith track. Just keep gettin out before the reaper. He's probably a search firm darling, so they just keep him in the cycle.