Coaching Carousel 8 - Teamwork means never taking all the blame yourself

slugboy

Staff member
Here comes a big domino to get the carousel turning, if he does leave.

Cortez wasn’t the only leader to burn ships or bridges behind him, but it seems like Cooley is doing that. He seems like he’s been professional about this, but Georgetown is going to be heavy expectations, and he’s got to win.
Hope he has the tools he needs there.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I hope Providence fans cool off a bit when the emotions subside. Ed Cooley made Providence a desirable destination again for coaches and players. There is increased interest and investment in the program thanks to Cooley and they will be in good hands moving forward. And Georgetown is a more desirable destination whether they want to admit it or not. I’m not black but I would imagine having a go at restoring Georgetown and building a legacy next to John Thompson, the man who practically paved the path for you (his autobiography is absolutely fantastic btw, everyone here should read it), is a dream scenario.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hell hath no fury like a sports fan scorned.

cyd charisse facts GIF by Warner Archive

I blame @dtm1997 , he's rousing rabble.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. ND folks probably mad, thought he was done.
i think he is....this is a great retirement plan. Get USF to cover the relo costs, supplement a little income (tax free), maybe give them a winner or two and fade off into the mass of northeasterners and wealthy great lakes carpetbaggers filling sunny beaches and Tampa area golf courses...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Brey has consistently said he wasn't retiring.
Ah, OK. Good thing you haven't retired from the site. :sneaky:
i think he is....this is a great retirement plan. Get USF to cover the relo costs, supplement a little income (tax free), maybe give them a winner or two and fade off into the mass of northeasterners and wealthy great lakes carpetbaggers filling sunny beaches and Tampa area golf courses...

Yeah, it's why they should've hired somebody hungry to prove themselves. As it is, they basically got a better version of Brian Gregory. 'Low bar' alert.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ah, OK. Good thing you haven't retired from the site. :sneaky:

Yeah, it's why they should've hired somebody hungry to prove themselves. As it is, they basically got a better version of Brian Gregory. 'Low bar' alert.
I've retired from writing up the recruiting hot list.