Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kennedy out at TXA&M...

https://m.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-s-Billy-Kennedy-won-t-be-back-13683278.php

Buzz Williams will probably have a decision to make.

Coaching changes, your thoughts ....

Buzz has to be going. He's losing all of his upperclassmen, probably NAW, and a good, not great recruiting class that he'll coach up to overachiever.

Leave now with only an ok cupboard behind and go get those unlimited TAMU resources.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UNC, UVA and Duke have run off a lot of good coaches from other schools. Tough league.
Terrible take if you're talking about Buzz Williams. If he leaves VT, it's to coach at a school close to his Texas roots that has a ton of money and is in a rich recruiting territory.

UNC, UVA, & dook wouldn't run him off. He's beaten them all in the past 2 seasons.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is it wrong that I'm hooked on this twit feed ...

Seems like 45 years since folks got Moon-eyes for this dude. He's done eggsactly jak shat since then.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Hard to believe Wake will keep Manning after 11-20 / 4-14 season, but where will they get $18MM to pay his buyout?

Christian does seem like a decent guy, but can BC really keep him after five years in the bottom 6?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@dtm1997

Aye homes, what's the deal with Smart at TX? They tired of him? I haven't paid any attention but twit-nonsense seems to be suggesting he's hit late-stage Hewitt-era territory there.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
@kg01 Texas fans are delusional. They think they should be #1 in every sport, every year. (Don't remind them they've only been to one Final Four in the last 70 years) They thought Barnes would make them the anointed ones. Then they thought Shaka would bring Havoc to the Horns. Now they're tilting at the next windmill.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dtm1997

Aye homes, what's the deal with Smart at TX? They tired of him? I haven't paid any attention but twit-nonsense seems to be suggesting he's hit late-stage Hewitt-era territory there.

They'd owe him $13MM and then have to pony up for who they want. I think they're hoping he tries to stay ahead of the reaper, but for that buyout, I'd make them can me. His players are still working hard and most games have been close, but can't close out.