Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I expect him to leave for a major TX program. OKSt has the money and may be close enough for him. I'd miss his potbelly and his nifty little sweaters though.

I think they said his dream job is Texas A&M since he is either from there or had coached there. But, I assume is he wants to get back in that area, OSU would be a good stop, particularly if they realize that T. Boone Pickens is going to have to open up his wallet and pay more than $1 M a year for a good coach.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree on Buzz by the way.
To even have a conversation i'm thinking you are going to have to offer at least $3.5MM/yr and you might need close to 4 to get a deal.
He's making $2.5MM+ at VT and reportedly likes his AD.
Martin and Underwood both got $3MM and neither has Buzz's resume - 6 NCAA's including 2 Sweet Sixteen's and an Elite Eight.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Buzz could easily get close to $4mil. I wouldn't think twice about it if I was an AD with that kind of money to spend on a coach.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm waiting to see if someone makes a push for Ed Cooley. I know he's a Providence guy but I think he's hit the ceiling there. I wanted him here when the job opened.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice hire by UMass.

interesting that no schools really seem to be waiting on IND. They are going after guys they like and getting it done.

Kelsey, Keatts, Wade all take jobs. That was really the top wrung of the non-super (Mack, Miller) mid major guys.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nice hire by UMass.

interesting that no schools really seem to be waiting on IND. They are going after guys they like and getting it done.

Kelsey, Keatts, Wade all take jobs. That was really the top wrung of the non-super (Mack, Miller) mid major guys.

There's a thread on the dawgs' site opining for Kelsey. Odd that he'd leave the SE. If I were him, I would've waited a year. There're likely to be some decent jobs open including Clem and UGA.

I think IND is either waiting for someone who's still coaching (delusional IMHO) or an NBA guy (*cough* Hoiberg *cough*) so other schools probably think they're swimming in different ponds maybe?

If I'm Hoiberg, I hold out for them to fire me. However, with his health concerns, he may not be able to outlast CHI owners' reluctance to pay guys not to coach.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The whispers on IND have they are pining for Donovan from the NBA. But the Thunder will be in the playoffs until May sometime and with Westbrook they are basically guaranteed to make the playoffs for years. Is Donovan going to give that up and $6MM/yr to go to IND, I doubt it.

IND is one of the few schools I think Marshall would legit leave for. He'd do well there to imo.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another good hire. Most hires have made alot of sense.

Still not sure about Hopkins at WA, but otherwise I get them.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
There's a thread on the dawgs' site opining for Kelsey. Odd that he'd leave the SE. If I were him, I would've waited a year. There're likely to be some decent jobs open including Clem and UGA.

I think IND is either waiting for someone who's still coaching (delusional IMHO) or an NBA guy (*cough* Hoiberg *cough*) so other schools probably think they're swimming in different ponds maybe?

If I'm Hoiberg, I hold out for them to fire me. However, with his health concerns, he may not be able to outlast CHI owners' reluctance to pay guys not to coach.

As Brad Underwood proved this year, there is nothing that says you cant leave after a year...