Coaches poll...greatest programs of all time

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017...-football-rankings-greatest-programs-all-time

We come in at 26..... y'all might get a kick out of some of them though. Like UGA at 14.
I have always thought Georgia Tech was among the very few programs that has been "elite" over a span of 100 years or more. We are special in that regard. There might be 8 or ten teams that can boast nationally prominent records in the 1920's , then the 1950's, and into the 21st century. True, we have had some lean times in between, but despite the changing landscape of college sports, and the absolutely ridiculous comparison of our academics to almost EVERY one of our competitors, we have been successful over the long haul. Where were FSU and Miami in the fifties? Where are Fordham and Yale today? The poll is fun, but it is almost silly to say Clemson is in the top anything. There are a lot of Johnny-come-latelies, and a few great programs from bygone eras that get recognition. We teetered on extinction, like Army or Illinois, but we came back. That is what I like about it.

I have always thought Georgia Tech was among the very few programs that has been "elite" over a span of 100 years or more. We are special in that regard. There might be 8 or ten teams that can boast nationally prominent records in the 1920's , then the 1950's, and into the 21st century. True, we have had some lean times in between, but despite the changing landscape of college sports, and the absolutely ridiculous comparison of our academics to almost EVERY one of our competitors, we have been successful over the long haul. Where were FSU and Miami in the fifties? Where are Fordham and Yale today? The poll is fun, but it is almost silly to say Clemson is in the top anything. There are a lot of Johnny-come-latelies, and a few great programs from bygone eras that get recognition. We teetered on extinction, like Army or Illinois, but we came back. That is what I like about it.
HELL, YEAH !!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Like this?
qkmbo3cqvqs823j6g.jpg

And this?
icrdgfsqpeckpww6g.jpg

But not really this:barefoot:
fa3s9hxmy57pk716g.jpg