Coach Prime to Colorado

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Y'all stop now with this sanders talk. We can be jealous of Colorado all we want, but the reality is that we have we more strict academic requirements here nor did we have the funding for him. Sanders just doesn't fit or understand the culture issues we have at GT.
We're 3 games in with Key, who has shown he knows and understands what it takes to succeed at Tech.
We've got the right guy this time, and obviously we're scarred from the Collins era,.but let key have some time to fix the mess that he was left with

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Y'all stop now with this sanders talk. We can be jealous of Colorado all we want, but the reality is that we have we more strict academic requirements here nor did we have the funding for him. Sanders just doesn't fit or understand the culture issues we have at GT.
We're 3 games in with Key, who has shown he knows and understands what it takes to succeed at Tech.
We've got the right guy this time, and obviously we're scarred from the Collins era,.but let key have some time to fix the mess that he was left with
He has made good strides in improving the offense with Faulkner and Wienke. Now he needs to fix the defense and improve ST play. Not sure what happened to Stewart in the off season but he must be having a confidence problem this year. He has the physical tools. There is not any position on a team with more pressure than the FG kicker. I hope he can make a comeback.

JacketFan137

Banned
I totally agree and, imo, it was 100% both directly related to the previous screwup on the former guy and also certainly justifiable. That mistake was so egregious that the current Prez andAD were indeed forced to play it safe. We tend to forget things when we look backwards.

Missing with another guy who didn't look/talk/sound like " a football coach", or "all sizzle, no steak" to put it another way ,would have been the final nail in the coffin for our program. To assume that a positive outcome would have happened is rather naive because if you look at the history of programs like OSU, Bama, UF, USC, etc. the selection of the right guy is more a crap shoot and not a science. Coaches with better resumes than what Deion brought to the table have turned out to be duds. Now, if he is successful in Boulder, there will NOT be as much risk involved for his next employer as Colorado took hiring him directly from Jackson State.

WTBS, I don't think "safe" necessarily = 'wrong" or "bad". I don't think there is enough data yet to support any firm position in the conversation around these two guys.
i think it’s kinda unfair to deion to suggest he was all sizzle and no steak. the proof of concept was there already at jackson state as far as his ability to recruit and coach.

the only justifiable excuse to not hire him is that we weren’t confident in our ability to find the money for him.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
i think it’s kinda unfair to deion to suggest he was all sizzle and no steak. the proof of concept was there already at jackson state as far as his ability to recruit and coach.

the only justifiable excuse to not hire him is that we weren’t confident in our ability to find the money for him.
@4shotB nailed it. We were scared of the ramifications of hiring 2 clowns in a row. When you ask for that kind of money your neck is squarely on the line. Neither Cabrera nor Batt was willing to take the risk.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sanders has done better so far than I had expected but he brought his kid with him who is a top QB. When he has to develop a new QB, it will get tougher. He has done a good job so far putting a team together with lots and lots of transfers. He has gotten his team to play with a chip on their shoulder. Very motivated to prove something.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Deion would’ve never come to Tech with the academic requirements. Let it go. Give Key a chance, damn.
Absolutely. We were never on Deion's radar.
When the job came open and reports were that he was a candidate, his only response when asked about it was simply, "It's nice to be considered". Sounds like a thanks but no thanks to me.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sanders is not our coach, and hopefully never will be our coach. I say THW prime and delete any mentions of him. Either get behind our coach or go be a Colorado fan and post on their board.
Great post. Sander's most impressive recruit is his son!! And State almost beat them. Give me a break.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Colorado defense has given up 42, 14 and 35. Why are people not calling Deion a clown for allowing his program to be putrid on D? Oh and they gave up nearly 600 yards to TCU. Funny. Also heisman candidate Sanders has one more touchdown pass than Haynes King.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
Great post. Sander's most impressive recruit is his son!! And State almost beat them. Give me a break.
This was the definition of a trap game with Oregon in prime time (ABC 3:30) coming next Saturday. And having a trap game against your in-state rival makes an upset even more likely. Throw in the fact that their best player on offense and defense was taken out by a cheap hit it’s actually remarkable how well Colorado’s players kept their composure.

Frankly, this close win that included a 98 yard drive down the field with a 2pt conversion to tie the score in the dying minutes of the game did more to solidify how impressive Sanders is as a coach than anything in his record or history.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Sanders has done better so far than I had expected but he brought his kid with him who is a top QB. When he has to develop a new QB, it will get tougher. He has done a good job so far putting a team together with lots and lots of transfers. He has gotten his team to play with a chip on their shoulder. Very motivated to prove something.
Do you think he will have any trouble recruiting a top QB or pulling one off the portal?

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
There is no way Deion could have gotten 60 transfers into Tech so our team wouldn’t have the talent colo has
Which is why he would be a bad hire for Tech. Keys vs Sanders might be an interesting discussion (not really). Keys vs Sanders as Tech coach is a pointless discussion because Sanders simply wouldnt be allowed to do the things he’s doing in Colorado at Tech.

JacketFan137

Banned
There is no way Deion could have gotten 60 transfers into Tech so our team wouldn’t have the talent colo has
he wouldn’t have had to. colorado was arguably the worst power 5 team in the country. he would have brought his louie bags but a lot less of them

JacketFan137

Banned
Colorado gave up 35 to Colorado State go post in their chat how terrible the defense is like you do ours.
are you doing ok lil bro you seem to have taken liberties to just take personal shots on me in every thread?

i hope you’re doing ok

Eli

Helluva Engineer
are you doing ok lil bro you seem to have taken liberties to just take personal shots on me in every thread?

i hope you’re doing ok

Because you have no clue about anything you talk about. CSU out gained Colorado and put 500 yards on them. Why are you not calling Deion a clown for allowing this? You just pick and choose I see.