Coach K: Leave of Absence following GT game?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Lots of ifs around this game, but.....
If Tech can penetrate and get the ball into the lane, and
If Duke plays the same porous D they did against VPI, and
If we keep Lammers out of foul trouble, and
If Okogie has another good, aggressive game...

Tech could not only cover the spread, but win outright. It's a long shot and lots of ifs, but it's possible which is a lot more than I thought I would say a couple months ago

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
They cover unfortunately. Coming off a bad loss and K doing his usual leave of absence around a Tech game = disaster for us.
The discussion in NC is around the issues Duke has internally, not about the Tech game. They don't respect our ability to win enough to make a decision based on our presence on their schedule.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The discussion in NC is around the issues Duke has internally, not about the Tech game. They don't respect our ability to win enough to make a decision based on our presence on their schedule.

Those issues are real. The Allen situation is a significant distraction along with the loss of their most productive player. And now K and his issues. The young guns have been hurt and have not yet shown the progress you would expect given their talent level. We have a shot. Small one but a shot

But I do agree they are more worried about Duke and don't see us as a real threat. In their shoes I wouldn't either

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Coach K is scared of GT. Can't play us without some mental ploy. He's so overrated.

:)

Clearly overrated. Seriously though, what is it with K and GT? Remember we beat them in Cameron under PHew (at least I think we ended up winning, I'm old so I'm not remembering it clearly) and he had the weird disrespectful handshakes with the staff? Just odd.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I've seen that he's having " back surgery" but I think he's having his toupee removed, repainted and then surgically reattached in time for Grayson Allens return.