Coach Hall - 2018

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/010518aaa.html

With consent... allow this to be the thread to focus on CDH's 2018 "performance". I'll say I would LOVE to see him follow through with what he describes/admits are expectations that the team's results be markedly better going forward.

I want him to adjust/fix whatever has been the problem(s). I honestly do not know if he can; however, I desperately want him to be the exception... a guy who's entering his 25th season after too many seasons of 'average to below average results' who will lead a significant turnaround in 2018 (and beyond).

I'm loyal.... I'm consistent in this regard. I have an aversion (maybe a fear) to change. Any college baseball coach with CDH's record and dedication over a 25 year span gets a "nearly" infinite length of rope from me. ...but I'm a fan...a JAG (just a guy) with no influence and I'm happy with it that way. People are paid a lot of money to assess the program and determine if/when it is time to go in another direction. I'll assume that is happening.

All that to say... CDH has an outstanding record at Ga Tech. On the other hand, he as earned a laser beam of scrutiny with respect to 'results'... he needs to improve in 2018... No time like the present!!

GO YELLOW JACKETS!!

I'm definitely hoping for a better year. Just having a hard time getting to excited. I'm fearing it is going to be like bad repeat sitcom.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I will be watching and once it gets warm attending......but the trend has been poor recently, so I remain skeptical. Let’s see what happens....I hope he proves me terribly wrong.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
It is nice to "wish" and "hope" things will get better but nothing on the pitching staff leads me to believe they can compete with the big boys of the ACC. I just don't see it. If I am wrong, I will admit it. It is just time for the program to take a different route that can lead us to at least a few visits to Omaha in the next decade. The current regime will not get us there.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Well if what I am hearing is any indication about how serious they are taking this season I have heard that there are no beards and no long, flowy locks this year and it's not a temporary arrangement. Perhaps some discipline has been needed.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Well if what I am hearing is any indication about how serious they are taking this season I have heard that there are no beards and no long, flowy locks this year and it's not a temporary arrangement. Perhaps some discipline has been needed.
Call me cynical, but I am #notimpressed if that is an indication of how serious the team is. OTOH, maybe it says something about other past teams if hair length & beards were a distraction. Or maybe it's just 5 weeks until the season starts & we just need something to talk about.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Call me cynical, but I am #notimpressed if that is an indication of how serious the team is. OTOH, maybe it says something about other past teams if hair length & beards were a distraction. Or maybe it's just 5 weeks until the season starts & we just need something to talk about.
This doesn't really move the needle for me one way or the other. Frankly, I'd call this something "internal" to the team. Who knows the real context or dynamics in the clubhouse? Something like this could mean something to the group. Assuming it's true.. if this kind of thing could be embraced as a way to make the team "tighter" (or team is bigger than self) ...that can only be a good thing.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He doesn't mention that he and his staff control the program and he and his staff have failed. If he expects a different outcome from previous years, Danny needs to gaze in a mirror for a day or so and ask the question how can I make this better?

I think Hall has done just that (figuring how he can make it better). But we hear similar things at the beginning of each year. Maybe this year is different. I can only hope so since GT football and basketball are so depressing.

If baseball sucks this year, ................ it will leave more time for other things.

I think Hall has done just that (figuring how he can make it better). But we hear similar things at the beginning of each year. Maybe this year is different. I can only hope so since GT football and basketball are so depressing.

If baseball sucks this year, ................ it will leave more time for other things.
Danny did the hard part. He took what Morris did and expounded on it. It is much harder to build than it is to maintain. He has gotten lazy and the program shows. The only problem I see is Danny is trying to find that magic bean and that is sad. It is like sales, you work very hard to get that big client, then only to get complacent and loose all you worked hard to get. I've seen danny's best days and they are not coming back. Anyone really think the fielding is going to get better or our hitters aren't going to strike out in key at bats. I'll believe when I see it. Sorry for being so negative, but that is what Tech sports does to a person.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
[QUOTE="If baseball sucks this year, ................ it will leave more time for other things.[/QUOTE]

Looks like my yard will look better this year, and I'll have more time to exercise, and I'll have more time to pay attention to my spouse (and maybe get laid more).

GTfan1977

Banned

If?...haha, now that’s funny

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Whoever created that doesn't know that we are the Georgia INSTITUTE of Technology, and not Georgia Tech effing UNIVERSITY? Sheesh!!!
Must've been created by a georgie bulldog. Ignorant means you don't know what you don't know. Stupid means you know what you don't know, but you don't do anything about it!