Coach Collins Does Away with Scout Team

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It sure is going to be tough to win when all we do is practice against what we do and not what the other teams do :whistle:

Good thing we actually run a non-high school offense then. We will be prepared within our own system. Trust me....none of the other teams are running against triple option on scout teams. Good thing too because teams like Duke started to get the hang of it 5 years ago.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Good thing we actually run a non-high school offense then. We will be prepared within our own system. Trust me....none of the other teams are running against triple option on scout teams. Good thing too because teams like Duke started to get the hang of it 5 years ago.

Can we please stop this nonsense about Duke or anybody else getting the hang of our former O like it was just a gimmick?

Duke played better D against us because they were playing better D against everybody. Our losses to Duke were usually more on D failures.

Let it go.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Can we please stop this nonsense about Duke or anybody else getting the hang of our former O like it was just a gimmick?

Duke played better D against us because they were playing better D against everybody. Our losses to Duke were usually more on D failures.

Let it go.

Duke committed more time and focus on defending our offense. Many other teams did as well. We typically beat the tar out of most teams the first time they faced our offense. We sucked in most bowl games because our opponents had a month of prep time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Which part? We were 3-6 in bowl games and Duke has had our number recently.

I’m not a triple option hater but I’m realistic. Coastal teams definitely spent extra time prepping for the TO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not our coach anymore, so it's probably best to not keep debating it.

Still, regardless of coach, using W-L as an indicator of offense, defense, or special teams alone shows a shocking ignorance of the nature of the game.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

My goodness this is a dumb take. Of course our opponents were running TO with their scout team to prep against us. Also, you have no idea what high schools are running nowadays. Haven’t you noticed just about all our guys saying how they used to run this system in HS when asked about the transition?

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Me too, but I shudder to think of what our opponents will do with the name change.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I didn't want to do this because it's insulting to some people, but …

What do we often use as a euphemism for classes for the learning disabled? We call them … "developmental". Think of yourself as a usual football player for our opponents and … the jokes sorta make themselves, don't they? I mean we aren't talking about young men known for either sensitivity or taste.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow

What do we often use as a euphemism for classes for the learning disabled? We call them … "developmental". Think of yourself as a usual football player for our opponents and … the jokes sorta make themselves, don't they? I mean we aren't talking about young men known for either sensitivity or taste.

Ok... Let's just call it special team instead oops that's taken

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Well in the 1970s they sometimes called them Trainables.:cigar: Should Coach Collins then call them the Trainables Squad?:cigar:

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

I thought they were called remedial.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

First of all who is we? I’ve never heard that term related to the learning disabled. But most importantly why are you so worried about what some dumb-*** opposing fan or player might say? Just consider the source and move on.