Closing in style - Darren Waller

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great point. His stepping up has been huge. Without that threat and production (after Smelter) things would be different.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Proud of him, Days, and Perkins they went through it. Second option, back ups, injuries, suspension, and fumbles, they fought through and were vindicated as seniors. Each one having a major impact on their last games in their college career.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was at a NYE party last night and the game was on. We were discussing GT's disgusting run of WRs (Megatron, BeyBey, Hill) and I told them the next one might be Smelter who was out with an injury. Some of the guys were discussing how our offense might be held back a bit because of Smelter's injury...and cue Waller making catches left and right all over MSU.

One of the guys turns to me and says, "Seriously, where the hell are you guys finding these WRs?!!"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What a way to finish his career!

Had a big TD vs uga, played well vs FSU and was amazing last night.

What a performance...His TD catch was fantastic. A great game by him.

I thought Waller was our best WR the last part of 2013 as well. I really wish he would have taken advantage of his physical skillset and taken his craft more seriously. He could be every bit as good as Smelter...as CPJ as alluded that Waller had all the tools to be a very good WR. Waller could be in the conversation as "the next GT WR" as well if he would have done all that.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This offense is set up to make who ever gets the ball look good when others do their part. Our WRs don't get double covered and if they were to get double coverage, we'd be running all day ...... and maybe only pass about 12 times a game! ;)

The more kids we put in the NFL the better recruiting will become. Win win situation.