Clemson Wide Outs

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Hope Roof decides to double cover Renfrow on 3rd down, they throw to him about 80% of the time and complete on 3rd down. It blows my mind how teams keep letting Renfrow loose on 3rd down over and over and over again

Hope you are right but our history says we play our scheme and usually do not change it for individual players. I can only remember one recent exception when we changed our coverage (with J Thomas) on the UNC tight end and shut him down in the second half.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I expect clemson to try and run the ball outside on us. Then hit us with a play action pass and kill us over the middle. We can’t cover passes over the middle to save our lives.

That depends on a lot of things. If we are able to contend against the run without our LB having to get sucked in, then we'll be in better shape. And we need to stay on schedule to have more predictability between run/pass choices of the opposing offense. And pressure, especially up the middle, disrupts things heavily. Even without a sack, a big paw in the air or flushing a QB out of the pocket limits things. Often we'll see completions when pressure comes off blitzes backed up by quarters coverage because we need to leave some spaces not to get burnt. We need to get pressure in other situations too.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
They lack the tall downfield threat of a Mike Williams type this year. Cain and McCloud are more screen, crossing route guys who will kill you with YAC. The way Kelly for UT, Homer for Miami and Carney for Wake gashed us, I'm more afraid of this Etienne guy. He has some serious wheels. If we are out of position or tackle poorly, it won't be 10 yard gains. It'll be to the house.