Clemson Wide Outs

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting article in the Post and Courier Charleston SC this morning regarding the lack of the deep ball completions and attempts of Clemsons offense this year and particular Their top deep threat Deon Cain and they seemed frustrated by this, The article went on to say that the opposing defenses were taking this away in fear to get beat deep like last year with Deshan Watson and were working on this hopefully this upcoming weekend to improve on this. Hope Roof is aware of this; But with the 20 yard cushion that our DB's are giving they may not have to throw the deep ball

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting article in the Post and Courier Charleston SC this morning regarding the lack of the deep ball completions and attempts of Clemsons offense this year and particular Their top deep threat Deon Cain and they seemed frustrated by this, The article went on to say that the opposing defenses were taking this away in fear to get beat deep like last year with Deshan Watson and were working on this hopefully this upcoming weekend to improve on this. Hope Roof is aware of this; But with the 20 yard cushion that our DB's are giving they may not have to throw the deep ball
Did you watch on Saturday? We were 3-5 yards off the WR each snap.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I expect clemson to try and run the ball outside on us. Then hit us with a play action pass and kill us over the middle. We can’t cover passes over the middle to save our lives.

Clemson's passing game this Saturday depends on one thing. Is Kelley healed or is he still hobbled. If the latter, then the deep ball is not an option if we bring heat.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson's passing game this Saturday depends on one thing. Is Kelley healed or is he still hobbled. If the latter, then the deep ball is not an option if we bring heat.
They gave up on the run far too quickly against Cuse. I understand that a lot of what they do is zone reads and a hobbled quarterback makes that far less effective, but I felt like if they'd just decided to cram it down Syracuse's throats that would have been a sounder strategy than what they were doing.

BigJacket

Banned
Be on the look out for this, whenever Clemson needs a big play or every 3rd down , they throw the ball to Hunter Renfrow.

That dude is a a game changer and we must limit him or he might have be the difference between winning and losing

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Hunter Renfrow has 5 TD's against Bama the last two years. A very good receiver. But we shut down the same kind of receiver against da U; The Berrios kid. GT has a shot as TM runs this offense better than anyone has under CPJ. Should be a very interesting game. I don't expect the Clemson QB to be playing after the concussion he sustained at Syracuse.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hunter Renfrow has 5 TD's against Bama the last two years. A very good receiver. But we shut down the same kind of receiver against da U; The Berrios kid. GT has a shot as TM runs this offense better than anyone has under CPJ. Should be a very interesting game. I don't expect the Clemson QB to be playing after the concussion he sustained at Syracuse.

To put some numbers on this post, Berrios is averaging 13.5 yds/reception for the season and averaged 7.3 yds/reception against us (a season low by 3.5 yds/reception).

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
He's been cleared to practice today, but that is not the same as cleared to play in the game. He got the concussion because he was playing on a bad ankle. If he's still having problems with that injury, he might not play. Dabo has a tough decision to make. Risk a Natty or potentially his job if he plays a less than 100% QB who is now concussion prone.

BigJacket

Banned

Deon Cain is definitely their deep threat and can torch a secondary for sure, but he also drops a ton of balls that hit him right in the hands.
The guy to watch for is giant killer, Hunter Renfrow. He's bailed Clemson out of a lot of 3rd and longs and is as clutch as they come. I'm guessing maybe our #20 may be covering him, will be interesting to watch if we can limit Renfrow.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

You should consider actually watching Tech play this year before commentating.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Deon Cain is definitely their deep threat and can torch a secondary for sure, but he also drops a ton of balls that hit him right in the hands.
The guy to watch for is giant killer, Hunter Renfrow. He's bailed Clemson out of a lot of 3rd and longs and is as clutch as they come. I'm guessing maybe our #20 may be covering him, will be interesting to watch if we can limit Renfrow.

With regards to who covers Renfrow, I think Dabo will answer that question. Unless I'm mistaken, we play our DBs versus schemes/alignments not particular players. So, while some D's will put certain DB's against certain rx's regardless of where they line up, we don't.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
With regards to who covers Renfrow, I think Dabo will answer that question. Unless I'm mistaken, we play our DBs versus schemes/alignments not particular players. So, while some D's will put certain DB's against certain rx's regardless of where they line up, we don't.

Mmmm..im not so sure. I think #20 will be covering him primarily.

BigJacket

Banned
Hope Roof decides to double cover Renfrow on 3rd down, they throw to him about 80% of the time and complete on 3rd down. It blows my mind how teams keep letting Renfrow loose on 3rd down over and over and over again

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope Roof decides to double cover Renfrow on 3rd down, they throw to him about 80% of the time and complete on 3rd down. It blows my mind how teams keep letting Renfrow loose on 3rd down over and over and over again
As Belichek would say I am not going to let their best guy beat us. Double team Renfro. Anyone w a name like that great Cleveland receiver deserves to be double teamed.