Clemson vs Georgia Tech ...

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
This was the first year my parents took me with them to Tech games. I even had a (mustard) gold replica jersey #44.

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This was the first year my parents took me with them to Tech games. I even had a (mustard) gold replica jersey #44.
Wish someone would post a video of his runs at that game. I believe that is the game where afterward Bobby Dodd said he was the greatest running back he had ever watched at Tech.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn't he sustain a career ending injury the next game? He was run off the field through the bench and into the chain link fence on the west side. The sidelines were much smaller then.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I believe it was in the 1970 game against Clemson, when Cunningham had a great day running the ball. Here it is:

The State had a great article on Brent's performance in this game. It started (from memory), "Have you caught the Cunningham act? That's Brent Cunningham, the Georgia Tech running back. It's like watching a waterbug who has lost all sense of direction." Well, true enough. He would have been a mega-star AB in Paul's offense; the elusiveness and balance of Godhigh and the speed of Rashaun Grant.

Laws, he was fun to watch. Why Bud decided to move him to WR in his senior year is one of the Great Mysteries of Tech Football.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I also found this image of Rock Perdoni holding her.
s-l400.jpg
NB: The Rock was roughly twice as wide as Ann Margaret at the shoulder. Without pads.