Clemson vs Georgia Tech ...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-2-18_12-0-8.jpeg

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Is that for real? What an unusual/neat picture on front of the program. I like it. = : )

That would be Brent Cunningham on the cover.

AlaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not sure, but I would bet that this picture was taken at the Tech vs USC(w) game in 1969. The game ended up being a heart breaking loss for Tech. We were ahead until very late in the game. The final killer was when Tech tried to hand off the ball on a kickoff very late in the fourth quarter, and fumbled during the exchange.

I'm not sure, but I would bet that this picture was taken at the Tech vs USC(w) game in 1969. The game ended up being a heart breaking loss for Tech. We were ahead until very late in the game. The final killer was when Tech tried to hand off the ball on a kickoff very late in the fourth quarter, and fumbled during the exchange.
You are probably correct, but the bigger deal for the Tech team was in meeting Raquel Welch, which is talked about in the link below.
I was at that game, and I don't really remember much about it, other than Charlie Dudish wowed everybody, even in defeat. I was stunned when, at the end of the game, the USC students actually had a cheer to praise him.
Anyway, here is the link. It doesn't give any details about the game, but it's still a good read --- https://ramblinwreck.com/star-struck/

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You are probably correct, but the bigger deal for the Tech team was in meeting Raquel Welch, which is talked about in the link below.
I was at that game, and I don't really remember much about it, other than Charlie Dudish wowed everybody, even in defeat. I was stunned when, at the end of the game, the USC students actually had a cheer to praise him.
Anyway, here is the link. It doesn't give any details about the game, but it's still a good read --- https://ramblinwreck.com/star-struck/
Remember the game well. We had the game in hand until USC scored on a fourth and long play that was just dumb luck.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently it was from when she was in Atlanta for a movie. Found this photo of her with Bud Carson and the following caption.
110117a.jpg

Actress Ann Margret visited Coach Carson and the Yellow Jackets while filming a movie in Atlanta with Joe Namath. Many considered this the true highlight of the 1970 season!

I also found this image of Rock Perdoni holding her.
s-l400.jpg