Clemson Tigers Series...Neuter the Tigers!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Team looked fully energized for the first time all year, to my humble eyes.

Is it possible we have turned a corner?

As Yogi (or someone) always said, momentum is only as good as your starting pitcher tomorrow.

Don't start me on Yogi "49. If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be." Wrap your head around that over coffee / tea / whiskey. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/the-50-greatest-yogi-berra-quotes

Yesterday our hitting RISP was .364 and overall BA was .324. Clempy was .214 RISP and .226 overall. Timely.

Finally, we won this series not due to great defense, timely pitching and hooking, plate discipline or timely hitting. We won it since @eokerholm introduced the series. Is his karma strong enough for a sweep?

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Finally got a chance to watch the replay late last night. What a bomb by Malloy to end it. We finally had some decent pitching this weekend so far. It was great to see and maybe we can sweep and build some momentum at the right time.
Between last night’s game with the Braves and earlier with the jackets. Heck of day for ATL baseball.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Grissom to start (70-75 pitch limit if he's on). No Parada or Hall. Anderson DH. Jenkins 1st. Like the line up with the exception of no Parada.

Interesting Clemson pitcher stats. 1.03 WHIP (very good), ERA 3.41 (not so good). 35 K and 1 walk. So dude gives up hits but not walks.

1620578999742.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
DUE FACTOR > all the stradomuses

The science is settled!

SSSSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP. Due.

Thanks to @eokerholm !

Beautiful defense. Gotta watch the 8th inning relay to get the runner at second a bunch of times.

QUICK HOOK HALL deserves credit. Pulling Bartnicki on a 1-0 count after he walked the first hitter in the ninth was HUGE. Huff had some trouble. That type of hook is something I have NEVER seen from Hall (for an uninjured pitcher). Love it.

So much to unpack. We got 9 runs, so lots of offense. Clempsoning at it's finest though ...... 3 errors and an unearned run. 7 errors for the weekend. Malloy had our only error of the weekend. DEFENSE wins games.

Living dangerously - not only going down 6 runs (more on that when I really process it) but Clempy left 9 on to our 5. We were .375 RISP (.324 overall) so it was the ............

DUE FACTOR.

Last edited: